Tomonobu -Ninja Master- Itagaki new interview (itagaki 360 exclusive confirmed)

-=P3tRaN=-

Regular
after the last interview at hawai, this is his latest one:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13647&type=mov&pl=game
65mb, stream or download.

for those too lazy to do that, here's what he says:

he begins by DOAX2, he says that he's had all the time he wanted to implement everything the way he wanted, so there is no absolutely no cut-back at all the features and quality he wanted to have in.
he says that working at 360 for a year and a half, he now feels he has mastered it and this will be shown.

he praises microsoft and says it reminds him of golden sega, where they delivered what they promised.
he also praises m$ support, he says he really appreciates it, and that it is only with this support that a game like Dead or Alive 4 could be out in a launch window.

then he goes on to Ninja Gaiden Sigma on ps3.
he urges people to go at TGS show and compare the DOAX2 playable demo on 360 to the rolling video of NJΣ on ps3.
he says that they will notice great difference (DOAX2 being the better)

He says that who makes the games is most important. However Hayashi is his student, Itagaki taught he everything he knows.
he is young (27), and he predicts that Hayashi is in for a great challenge, but he is certain that his student will do his best. he predicts some good things and some not-so-good things, but he says its for the future to prove. it still has a long way to go.

Itagaki says that this is a good thing, since with this arrangement, he will reamain totally focused on xbox platform, continuing to produce great games at the pace he has done until now or even faster.
he pledges total support for his xbox fans (he even makes an "X" mark with his hand!!), and promises never to dissapoint them.(!! :cool: )

then he goes on to Ninja Gaiden on xbox1, and how while everyone demanded that it should be ported to other formats, that was completely impossible.
he says that ps2 had about 1/5-1/6 of the power of xbox1(!!!), and for him lowering graphics, engine or quality is never an option.
he even said that m$ had a really hard time emulating it on 360. thats how much of xbox1 he was using.

"gears of wars is fantastic", he says, and he really appreciates that. he makes a distinction of the violence of gears and the violence on his games.
gears has "american" violence, while his games have "ninja" violence. he explains that.
and he states that this is why he can never create such a game. but that is good because he only has to enjoy playing that game and not analyse that philosophy in order to create it. (guess what that points to...)
he also states that he had not got the time to play games recently since he's working hard, but he brings up chibi-robo as a great game.

then, he turns to the screen and by pointing his finger, he says:
"I'm only gonna say this once: My next game is gonna be what everyone is expecting"
itagakiut1.gif

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, is he porting Sigma to PS3 just to illustrate how much better DOA4 on the 360 is?

And if he thinks Ninja Gaiden is so good on Xbox1 and shows off that the Xbox1 is 5-6 times more powerful than the PS2, then maybe he'd like to discuss this with the God of War team so that he can learn to harness that power a little more effectively. Not to mention that on my TV, the 'where's my vsync?' PAL version of Ninja Gaiden didn't look all that hot to begin with.

This guy is really off the charts. If you want to support Microsoft, then do so by showing, not telling. Jeez. He's not doing Microsoft any favors right now. I'd fire people like him straight off my debating team. :D Though maybe the marketing team would be happy with it, I don't know.

he says that ps2 had about 1/5-1/6 of the power of xbox1(!!!)
...but notice no one calls HIM crazy in the subject. :p

I'm sure a lot of developers would agree on the level of support bit, though. (Not everyone. You just have to be making high-quality games only for Sony, I would think. ;) )

Wow, is he porting Sigma to PS3 just to illustrate how much better DOA4 on the 360 is?
Heh :) I kinda had this feeling when the port of xbox1 game NG:Sigma was announced to PS3, that he'd later make a "true" next gen Ninja Gaiden game for xbox360, and make it soo much better than the PS3 port of old game.

In interviews he'd say xbox360 is sooo much more powerful that only it allowed to bring his vision of true next gen NG game to reality.
That bringing a port of old xbox game to PS3 and later a superiour game in the series to xbox360, is just clever PR and a sneaky weapon in the console wars.

Of course, I didn't say anything then, in fear of being accused of various things... but noe I can say it :D

And if he thinks Ninja Gaiden is so good on Xbox1 and shows off that the Xbox1 is 5-6 times more powerful than the PS2, then maybe he'd like to discuss this with the God of War team so that he can learn to harness that power a little more effectively. Not to mention that on my TV, the 'where's my vsync?' PAL version of Ninja Gaiden didn't look all that hot to begin with.

This guy is really off the charts. If you want to support Microsoft, then do so by showing.

The comparison was DoAX2 vs Sigma. Anyways the man has proved himself with Ninja Gaiden. Though God of War is great game it doesn't hold a candle technically against Ninja Gaiden. Though I played it in 480p same as GoW.

Granted that guy definately is a character, but if he keeps bringing me those Ninja Gaiden games, I don't care what he is:)

he urges people to go at TGS show and compare the DOAX2 playable demo on 360 to the rolling video of NJΣ on ps3.

What..the...hell. I am speechless, he has no plans to even use the full power of PS3? Figured as much. I bet he loves wiping himself with those dollars he's recieving for this.

What..the...hell. I am speechless, he has no plans to even use the full power of PS3? Figured as much. I bet he loves wiping himself with those dollars he's recieving for this.

why do you think so?? he said NG:sigma gfx engine will be upgraded to match next gen standards. And who currently is using "full power of ps3" ??

Not that surprisin. When I read some other recent interview from Mr Itagaki I got the vibe that PS3 buyers should all be thanking him for bringing them Gaiden Sigma. lol It's really weird.

Edit: So it wasn't Itagaki I was talking about.

This guy is really off the charts. If you want to support Microsoft, then do so by showing, not telling. Jeez. He's not doing Microsoft any favors right now. I'd fire people like him straight off my debating team. :D Though maybe the marketing team would be happy with it, I don't know.

Would it have been so hard for people, even if you didn't watch the video, to read the summary posted, to note, that HE is not the producer for Sigma.

As an aside, I find it interesting that you would draw a comparison with God of War, considering what some think of Jaffe, would you throw him off your team?

He says that who makes the games is most important. However Hayashi is his student, Itagaki taught he everything he knows.
he is young (27), and he predicts that Hayashi is in for a great challenge, but he is certain that his student will do his best. he predicts some good things and some not-so-good things, but he says its for the future to prove. it still has a long way to go.

Taking the above quote, I don't think it's Itagaki himself that's bringing Ninja Gaiden to PS3, rather this former disciple of his. Maybe it'll set things up for some future master/student clashes as the gen progresses? Something that will have to be resolved with 'ninja' violence! ;)

Taking the above quote, I don't think it's Itagaki himself that's bringing Ninja Gaiden to PS3, rather this former disciple of his. Maybe it'll set things up for some future master/student clashes as the gen progresses? Something that will have to be resolved with 'ninja' violence! ;)

xbd, swoops in ftw!, I'm sure now that YOU have said it, someone will read it. :LOL:

Its funny. This guy seems that he either gets lots of money from MS to say these things(if he indeed said them) or he is really pissed at Sony showing so much support for Namco and because thanks to the Playstation franchise Tekken got great popularity :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Such statements are extreeme if we take into account how other developers reply and discuss their views on their games and consoles.

Wow. Playstation fans surely hate him.:)
Am I the only one who looks at DoAX2 and NGS and has the impression that NGS is better looking game?
Anyway, it's good that he confirmed once again that his next game is NG2.:cool:

DOA4 and DOAX2 do not show much of a difference to the Xbox-versions apart from the resolution.

Why would he need to discuss anything with a team that made a vastly inferior,both in graphics and gameplay,game???

Back