Tomb Raider

Didn't really like the old one either - I guess I have a specific memory of what she should look like based on memories of the early games. This one seems to just move towards Hunger Games intentionally though as a marketing ploy?

Betting that the character changes and perhaps the SSS is new. The rest, seems PC stuff.

Yeah I'm guessing there's some new stuff. Having really enjoyed Tombraider and deciding it's one of the best looking games of the last generation I'm a little jealous of this (even though I doubt I'd re-purchase), however the lack of 3D is still a huge disadvantage IMO. It'd have to be a VAST graphical upgrade from the PC version to make up for that IMO. If you've played this game in 3D, you know what I mean.

This is one of the few games i'll happily repurchase and re-play. I really loved the game play.

So you can experience exactly the same gameplay ?
Your post makes no sense you wish to re buy it so you can play it again with possibly lower resolution and iq ?
just play the copy you have since it will be more or less the same.

I recently got the game for X360 and have finished it with pretty much all items found. It's too bad you can't use the fully upgraded weapons to start a new game. I really don't see any point to going back to the empty areas you've already completed with fully upgraded weapons.

Anyway I likely won't rebuy the updated nextgen version until it's in the bargain bin as I don't see much point in replaying the game and going through the tedious grind of killing animals with the bow to unlock weapon upgrades. There's really not much replay value other than the MP.

Betting that the character changes and perhaps the SSS is new. The rest, seems PC stuff.

Ahh, I wonder if that's really new or if their previous implementation is there but lacking. In any case I'd be curious to see before/after comparisons of foliage with sss implemented. I wonder why they had to change the character again, I thought they nailed it on the current one both visually and the character herself. She's no longer an arrogant bad ass, she's just a normal girl figuring it all out as she goes which is kinda refreshing.

There's really not much replay value other than the MP.

Maybe not much replay but it's such a good game that it's worth trying! It's not as puzzle heavy as I'd like but still it's clearly one really good series reboot, was great fun.

Ahh, I wonder if that's really new or if their previous implementation is there but lacking. In any case I'd be curious to see before/after comparisons of foliage with sss implemented. I wonder why they had to change the character again, I thought they nailed it on the current one both visually and the character herself. She's no longer an arrogant bad ass, she's just a normal girl figuring it all out as she goes which is kinda refreshing.

The Lara character model was one of the most impressive aspects of the game and easily one of the best character models from the last generation IMO. I'm struggling to see how they can improve it but I can't wait to see the comparison pictures.

Obviously, but also shaped (lol) by the cinematics and the movies later (which actually were pretty spot on I thought)

Lara's had so many changes with the actresses over the years it's kind of funny. :) I was sort of wondering how they'd age her for a sequel anyway. Her in-game model looked a tad young in the initial release, although what bugged me the most about the original were her eyes at certain angles during cut-scenes.

I'm guessing the Tressfx is dragging the framerate down to 30 though. Oh well.

Got better. More polygons, SSS, better lighting, possibly higher res textures

Nice feature checklist.

Is this the first remake of a reboot?

I'd consider Doom 3 a reboot, which was practically remade for Xbox - much bigger changes than we're seeing with this title. I'm sure there are other examples, but that's off the top of my head.

So you can experience exactly the same gameplay ?
Your post makes no sense you wish to re buy it so you can play it again with possibly lower resolution and iq ?

You think the PS4 version will be of lower resolution of image quality than the PS3 version? :???:

just play the copy you have since it will be more or less the same.

Already swapped it with a friend.

Depends on your definition of swapped.

I wonder if we'll see more ports of the PC version for multiplatform games. It certainly makes re-releasing a game on PS4 a lot easier.

Also wonder how TressFX will run, and how much room there is for optimisation on PS4. This is probably an interesting feature for AMD to work on for the PS4 version, to get it accepted more commonly.

I just hope TressFX looks more convincing this time around. It was a nice proof on concept on the PC version, but that was just about it. Looked completely out of place whenever someone with regular hair was in the same scene, and unlike the more traditional hair, it also didn't get dirty or wet. Didn't clump together like real strands of hair would either. In a nutshell it looked just as fake as the nuts-and-bolts hair. It just stuck out way more and had the nasty side effect of cutting the framerate in half.

I like the new face, though. The old one was sorta weird looking and the resemblance to the CG trailer was a passing one at best anyway.

Back