TitanFall [XO,X360]

New Titanfall DLC comes out tomorrow with a new game update. Once the Destiny beta is done I'll probably go back to playing this.

i'm going back and forth about trading in my xbox one copy of the game. I have a lot of fun with it but fewer and fewer people are playing it. I like it better than the destiny beta the vertical maps and mechs really added to that game.

Hadn't played in a while. This is definitely still the best online next-gen shooter. It's just so well done. The new maps are great. Unfortunately, not having been playing, I really suck. It'll take me a bit to get back into it.

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting back into TF again too. The Destiny beta kinda got me jazzed up about console gaming again. I'll get the DLC too. I don't mind throwing some money Respawn's way.

titanfall season pass got 30% discount.
if you buy using Mexico proxy, it also much mucho cheaper

gonna buy it as soon as my brother activated remote desktop to my pc in Indonesia ho ho ho ho

I think the season pass is worth it. The two DLC so far have been good. I'm sure the third one will be as well.

Also interesting:
Bug Fixes (All Platforms)

Lots of yummy bandwidth optimizations as well as various delicious framerate optimizations have been lovingly hand-crafted and squeezed into the game.

That's part of yesterdays game update #5. The game seemed really smooth and fast, but it had been a while since I played, so I don't know if it's noticeably better or not.

ba-dum-tish

i cant buy the season pass, origin say "cant verify credit card" although i previously able to buy games using that card from Singapore and India. (by default Indonesia is using Singapore shop). gotta call bank tomorow, in case they blocked the transaction.

about the frame rate optimization,
titanfall have about 100% fps boost on my tablet. Now it averaging 20-25 fps where before it was 10-15 fps.

gotta downvolt this tablet a little bit more to play in 30fps :D
because Titanfall does not allow playing under 720p :(

ba-dum-tish

i cant buy the season pass, origin say "cant verify credit card" although i previously able to buy games using that card from Singapore and India. (by default Indonesia is using Singapore shop). gotta call bank tomorow, in case they blocked the transaction.

about the frame rate optimization,
titanfall have about 100% fps boost on my tablet. Now it averaging 20-25 fps where before it was 10-15 fps.

gotta downvolt this tablet a little bit more to play in 30fps :D
because Titanfall does not allow playing under 720p :(

Sounds like high-end multi-GPU setups will get a huge boost. Second GPU was not being used previously.

Got a free 1-day Redbox rental & used it on Titanfall for 360. This will be my first EA game in many years. Last ones were Wing Commander Arena & Boom Boom Rocket. Last disc game was probably Madden or NCAA Football on the original Xbox. Hit me up if you see me online.

Tommy McClain

Glad Respawn is still working hard on Titanfall. They're being really good to their customers. Hopefully Titanfall 2 brings some significant improvements. The game is a hell of a lot of fun and plays very well, despite its flaws.

Tried it out for free via a Redbox rental & it wasn't fun enough to rent another night much less buy new or used. Too much focus on multiplayer & fighting against human opponents(especially in campaign). Was really disappointed. No way I'm getting it until there is a real campaign mode.

Tommy McClain

Tried it out for free via a Redbox rental & it wasn't fun enough to rent another night much less buy new or used. Too much focus on multiplayer & fighting against human opponents(especially in campaign). Was really disappointed. No way I'm getting it until there is a real campaign mode.

Tommy McClain

It's a pure fps pvp game it really only lacks the classic ffa mode. And as such it's a very good one, one of my favorites.

Tommy McClain

No offense, but this is kind of a dumb statement. You rented a competitive multiplayer game, and you were disappointed that it is what it is. If you don't think it's a good competitive multiplayer game, that's one thing, but you're essentially doing the equivalent of renting Fallout 3 and saying you were disappointed it had too much of a focus on a single player story, and you won't get it until it adds a multiplayer arena mode.

Yeah Tommy, not sure what you were expecting, but TF is a full-on MP game. That's one of the things I like best about it - a singular focus. The devs didn't waste resources on a half-assed SP campain, unlike DICE.

Ouch guys, I knew going in it was an online only game & I knew that it's core focus was competitive multiplayer. With a free rental I was curious how much "campaign" it had. I didn't expect the 8 on 8 human players to carry into campaign. And the 9 levels of campaign are just the different multiplayer maps. Thought at the least there would be some bots to kill like in Unreal Tournament. If you didn't listen to the campaign radio chatter, then campaign played no different than multiplayer. What was the point of the campaign mode?

Other than that I did like the style of play. Running the walls & running around in the mech was cool. Reminded me a lot of MechAssault 2, which I liked very much. However, the 1st levels I tried seemed a little small & I think it would have been much better with only a couple of co-op players against a bunch of AI controlled enemies. Maybe Destiny & other open-world games have spoiled me?

Anyway, are there any other games like Titanfall that are basically multiplayer only? DICE? What else? I need to basically avoid those. It's co-op & open world games for me from here on out. Hope The Division isn't like Titanfall, that looked fun.

Tommy McClain

yay my credit card accepted again by origin, got the season pass for titanfall :D

@AzBat
i agree the story of TF is really useless background noise. and SPOILER SPOILER the story in the end also telling us that we, the player, are not important because the result will always be the same, however the MP fight goes.

because the main story is not about the fight of TF soldier. But the story of some other person that we never met.

Yah, the "Campaign" was junk window dressing on top of the regular multiplayer mode. I think they've actually removed the campaign mode from the game.

the campaign is still there bbut now i cant choose level
but if you completely reset the local save, the level select will appear again (PC/Origin cloud turned off).

the MP also got new modes but i have not tried it...

my tablet suddenly became easily overheat so i cant play titanfall and left4dead 2 a bit stutter :/
VAIO TAP 11 <-- most fragile laptop/tablet i ever have, consideting its bloody expensive, and Sony's warranty service is super slow (months!).

What's the normal cost of the TF season pass? I checked Live this weekend and it was US$25. I thought that was regular price, so I didn't get it.

25 dollar is normal, but until tomorow* TF season pass have 30% discount.
*according to the customer service i chat.

but i got it even cheaper (12 dollar) because i buy it from Mexico origin :D

Back