TitanFall [XO,X360]

Has anyone played Blacklight Retribution it seems sort of similar gameplay wise ?

I have played Blacklight Retribution. The only thing common is that you can also call in Mechs in BR. TF is too fast when compared to BR and then, the traversal, which includes the much higher speed of everything in TF, makes it too different. The gameplay of TF could not convince me to buy it on PC. It felt like a short gratification trip where everything is provided instantly and then the thrill wears off. or just that my Quake days are ovre and I like stuff with lotsof variety, these days.

although the visual quality is not so special, titanfall is surprisingly heavy. On some places it have lower fps than BF4.

Maybe its because the game does not support data streaming so everything got to be on RAM.

Just a question, the other day I was playing early European time, and the game seemed dead, instead of the usual quick matchmaking I found myself going though the different modes trying to find action. Waited in lobbies only to see others disconnect.

Finally as more people woke up I started to get games.

Did any Xbox owners experience similar things. I must admit I could really have used a single player experience right there :)

I played it for myself for the first time today; and I think it's an amazing game. The visual style (and animations) are perfect for this game. Though I sucked at it (was never a good COD player either), I really enjoyed it.

Just a question, the other day I was playing early European time, and the game seemed dead, instead of the usual quick matchmaking I found myself going though the different modes trying to find action. Waited in lobbies only to see others disconnect.

Finally as more people woke up I started to get games.

Did any Xbox owners experience similar things. I must admit I could really have used a single player experience right there :)

Seeing more players experiencing the same thing. Really disappointed if this game is already circling the drain.

European TF numbers will be low due to no-one in Europe owning one. You've got one, and I think two people in England have one too. Sounds like they were busy tho ...

I have a feeling that numbers will pick up again after the full "tier 2" launch, although Halo Collection will probably see the greatest benefit from that.

European TF numbers will be low due to no-one in Europe owning one. You've got one, and I think two people in England have one too. Sounds like they were busy tho ...

I have a feeling that numbers will pick up again after the full "tier 2" launch, although Halo Collection will probably see the greatest benefit from that.

I play the PC version, in the original post i asked if this was the same for One players, i read the same observations from players based in the US.

https://www.google.dk/search?q=is+titanfall+dead&

I think it also raises the question of DLC on online only games, it really needs a heavy dose of players to survive DLC releases..

Made up numbers..
1.000.000 players have the original game
800.000 buys DLC 1
600.000 buys DLC 2
400.000 buys DLC 3

So you end up with 400.000 having all maps and spreading the player pool over what is essential 4 different sets of maps.

The whole DLC and Pre-Order bonuses economy is starting to hurt games (imho) but i guess that needs a new thread..

when i played titanfall, i usually typed "WaitingFall" and everyone agrees. They also prefer the original matchmaking that works much faster.

i think its regional difference. in asia, its quite common for gamer to quickly jump to other games. At least that what i experienced

For a week, BFBC2 got lots of empty server after BF3 released. Then the players back good again on BFBC2 but EA kill the server a month or 2 month later (resulting in overcrowded queue).

when BF3 DLC released, for about a week most players playing on DLC maps. Then its spreading and stabilize between DLC and stock. Then finally little players plays DLC maps.

Titanfall early on there's so many players but it quickly became long waiting. But i dont know its due to their changes in matchmaking system or because people back playing their regular game. If i got a game session, it will be unbalanced and full of high level player on other side.

luckily there's so many "cheat" i can use to fight them in Titanfall. So its not as frustrating a BF4 where i only able to ragequit or die die die die die again.

@arwin
going outside = hot and dry lol. And most people just hang out on shopping mall, restaurants, indoor football arena, indoor tennis, indoor etc. There's almost no one walking to have fun outdoors in morning - afternoon. But comes evening, lots of people ooutdoor to enjoy the night (there's lots of delicious unhealthy food at night :D ).

maybe because Indonesian always have nice weather almost everyday so people took ti for granted and even bored by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MS5NEAW.jpg

y8B8Phy.jpg

lol the comics :D and playing outside with PS Vita is a bad idea. The screen became veeeeery dim.
btw playing outside with Wii sports is actually fun when i do that with my friend in campus' park.

whats my hometown looks like in noon
nAMrp5V.jpg
usually there's a few kids swimming and taking a bath in that pool (its not a swimming pool)

back about titanfall, looking at the updates, it seems Respawn keep giving new game modes. but doesnt this exaberate the waiting problem? more game mode = more people get seperated = more waiting.

they need to implement player counter or manual server selection. Make it works like in Left4dead2 server browser. So i can see the game modes and how many plyers in it.

or if there was 0 player, tell me using pop up "there's nobody playing this bloody game mode beside you. Feel free to wait for eternity". Because its annoying when i wait for a game then i make a hot milk, then when i sit back in front of my PC it is still waiting with 0 players.

I play a fair bit in the summer. I'm fair skinned for one and London, like many cities, can get really oppressive heat-wise. Because there aren't too many console games I usually hit the computer, mostly WoW, Starcraft 2 and Minecraft.

New Titanfall DLC comes out tomorrow with a new game update. Once the Destiny beta is done I'll probably go back to playing this.

im still not too interested with the DLC due to the fear that after i buy it, i cant play it... but the stock map is still fun because Titanfall have so many verticality, hiding spot, and "out of bounds" areas to be used.

Back