TitanFall [XO,X360]

I doubt it would be any more expensive than an exclusive like Gears of War, but you're free to your own assumptions whatever you may be basing them on. I'm done.
Yes... I am free to make my own assumptions, as you are too. But thanks for giving me the permission. :rolleyes:

They have modified it, but it was chosen so they could achieve 60hz.

Every engine can run in 60fps, thats not an excuse.

I also dont understand Source choice, it needs so much re-writting to be next-gen enabled that writing new one should be as effective. From all engines of this generation [even though Source started as past-gen engine], this one is the most open world/big levels/mmo unfriendly and it doesnt even have most next-gen features by default.
Really weird choice, the only logical explanation for it would be, if they aimed for Xbox 360 and 60fps from the beginning, but finally decided against, but it was too late to change engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not suggesting that they have or haven't... I'm just saying that I think it's highly unlikely that this will be a full on exclusive (unless it turns out to be a flop). Everyone with a brain knows MS has the money to spend, but I don't think they would pay for a full on exclusive... not for what EA would ask. Timed exclusive is more likely. But I could be wrong...

MS has a large advertising budget , EA is going broke. EA making an exclusive xbox one game means it will get a lot of press and attention and a big push when the time comes from MS .

Look at how good gears did

Every engine can run in 60fps, thats not an excuse.

I also dont understand Source choice, it needs so much re-writting to be next-gen enabled that writing new one should be as effective. From all engines of this generation [even though Source started as past-gen engine], this one is the most open world/big levels unfriendly/mmo and its doesnt even have most next-gen features by default.
Really weird choice, the only logical explanation for it would be, if they aimed for Xbox 360 and 60fps from the beginning, but finally decided against, but it was too late to change engine.

That seems logical, otherwise I don't see why anyone would choose Source for next gen and then write all new shaders and effects for the next gen stuff. Vanilla Source looks very dated now, however many polygons you may throw at the screen.

And MS has made a smart move again in capturing the right exclusive. They have COD early access and now THe COD dev's new game is exclusive too. So, old fanboys of IW, as well as new kids from COD , all join the XBone bandwagon ! They must have weighed Destiny and Titan and decided on Titan and let go of Destiny's exclusivity.

Thankfully , its coming to PC, so there's still no reason for me to buy Box ! Just like current gen, PS3 and PC made sure I didn't miss anything worthwhile.

I'm not suggesting that they have or haven't... I'm just saying that I think it's highly unlikely that this will be a full on exclusive (unless it turns out to be a flop). Everyone with a brain knows MS has the money to spend, but I don't think they would pay for a full on exclusive... not for what EA would ask. Timed exclusive is more likely. But I could be wrong...

It doesn't matter, does it?

Take a look at this generation. Did any game that was a timed exclusive on the 360 do close to as well on the PS3 when it finally got there? Furthermore, did any sequel to an original timed exclusive do as well?

I'm thinking Bioshocks, Mass Effects, etc.. The sequels did far better on the platform that the original was released on. Whether it was a true exclusive, or just a timed exclusive.

How about GTAIV DLC? I'll bet it sold far better on the 360 than on the PS3 because of the timed exclusivity. In fact, didn't PS3 even lose it's Madden advantage? Although that was due more to the fact the PS3 launched a year later and missed the NFL season, it's a similar effect.

Ah, so either that's a mistake, or that's why they said 13 exclusives instead of 15 in the Xbox conference?

this shit looks amazing!

Almost gives me an avatar feel with those mechs, and same feeling of being blown away like seeing Avatar.

This is why we needed next gen power! To be wowed.

Tell me this doesn't send major avatar vibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotJ_E5dexo&t=4m2s

Hmm, that's not really the part of Avatar that blew me away, to be honest. :LOL:

This reminds me a tiny bit of Starhawk, which sadly seems to have failed as a game - I thought it was very cool in premise, but unlike Warhawk I never got into playing this online. Maybe it should have been a launch-title again.

Anyway, I do like the looks of this, and think it has good potential for multi-player.

Looked great! Wow. I'll probably buy this on 360 though. Reminded me alot of MechAssault. Liked that one too. Wished it was open-world though. Wonder what cloud computing features are being used.

Tommy McClain

I wonder if Source 2 has anything to do with why they might have picked Source Engine for this one. Seems like an odd choice. Looks good though. Gameplay looks awesome.

I wonder if Source 2 has anything to do with why they might have picked Source Engine for this one. Seems like an odd choice. Looks good though. Gameplay looks awesome.

Source is a plenty capable engine by itself at its newest iteration- and there's high chance that Respawn rewrote the renderer, too.

Game tech engine iterations are more often than not, marketing talk. Unless things are done in a substantially different way (see Epic), the underlying tech might share a lot of commonality over the years.

Back