TitanFall [XO,X360]

Just to let you guys know, you can sign up for the beta right now on their official website!

http://www.titanfall.com/

GO!

---------------------------

TitanFall beta begins on February 14th! Here is the official beta trailer!

Last edited by a moderator:
The general beta doesn't start until Friday, I believe. Those in it now have special access, so I think it's mostly media types, friends and family, prominent YouTubers and whatnot.

A few things I notice.

While the gameplay is faster then the typical military shooter it still has the issue of camping for kills that is prevalent in all modern FPS mostly due to level design. I would say even more so since the objective seems to be getting as many points as quickly as possible to spawn a Titan.

I can see why they have MOBA style scripted enemies to farm. If 6v6 is the target then one could guess that players would have a much more conservative approach to the farming of titan points. PvP would be far more rare since exposing yourself would lead to getting picked off by an organized group adding to their resource pool to summon titans.

Second, seems titans are very weak, if it wasn't for their additional firepower I would almost say they are a hindrance rather than an advantage. I am sure they did this so organized groups couldn't dominate a map with titans.

I dont know, the focus on farming PvE to engage in PvP activities does not seem appealing long term to me.

yup, was watching a Twitch stream and even the guy playing mentioned that killing AI was like a chore that needs to be done, cos they are there and they are meaningless. One can feel the excitement in a few matches but it is bound to be boring after that.

As for Titans, your Titan will arrive after a set time. Killig only brings it faster. So, you will have a Titan, even if the enemy group is doing too well. So, its not an issue.

Last Titan Standing, where u spawn directly in a Titan, seems like a straight-up Hawken like. Starngely, even that has AI grunts in there.

C'mon EA, send me my Beta invite.

Another live stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

My Beta code has arrived ! Time to download it ! Holy Fuck: its 12.38 gbs :oops: ! I am down to 512kbps right now, I hope the beta doesn't end by the time I download this :LOL: !

No beta code here. Not yet anyway. My guess is so many people signed up that you pretty much had to sign up right away to get in. I'd imagine they just took the first x number of people that applied.

Anyone has extra PC code for me? :oops:

Gaffers report that XB1 code can be sent to EA to be morphed into PC code, but after that procedure XB1 code still remains active.

Download done, I am surprised ! Origin downloaded at speeds higher than what my ISP has limited me to :LOL: ! installing now, will play in the evening.

Back