TitanFall [XO,X360]

I don't think I'm communicating my question very clearly or perhaps I'm just not understanding the answer. Nevermind, I'll find out when it releases regardless. Thanks all the same.

I was just being dramatic ;) I understand ur question well, but this is how it is.THere are different game modes in the MP, but this is the structure of teams for all modes. Every team has 6 real ppl and the rest is full of AI. Every MP "mode" or gametype is structured like a mission, with a start where u meet only AI and a mid, where u have a mix of a newer tougher AI + enemy players and then an epilogue.

THere is no pure competitive mode and if u see my previous posts, thats what I am am grieving about, cos with AI always in the match, there can't be real "competition" in any way. Especially after watching the videos I feel dissappointed.

According to thread on the Titanfall forum which contains an email conversation between a gamer and Respawn community boss Abbie Heppe, it seems that TitanFall won’t have dedicated servers in Australia.

When Heppe was asked if Titanfall would have dedicated servers in Australia, Heppe replied, “It’s really a question for Microsoft. There are servers that gamers in Australia will be able to connect to and we’re testing builds there to make sure they won’t have an unacceptable connection (it has been playable in our tests). I hope that helps a bit!”

Next question gamer asked to clarify whether the servers themselves would be located in Australia–to which Heppe replied, “They aren’t Australian and I don’t know the exact location (sorry, not the server expert )…but we continue to advocate for Australian servers while making sure Australian gamers will have the best experience we can offer them.”

No dedicated servers for australia. Are all of those 300K clouds in the US ?

No dedicated servers for australia. Are all of those 300K clouds in the US ?

Asia Pacific is served by servers in Hong Kong and Singapore.

Location of servers per MS: [Source]

Asia Pacific:

Asia Pacific East (Hong Kong)
Asia Pacific Southeast (Singapore)

Europe:

Europe North (Ireland)
Europe West (Netherlands)

US:

US North Central (Illinois)
US South Central (Texas)
US East (Virginia)
US West (California)

I think Australia may be getting the shaft because its one of the few countries in the Asia Pacific where the XB1 is available. The data centers in Asia may not be XB1 ready.

Yeah but we arw getting the PC version in all countries. Won't the PC version have dedicateds ervers too? Thats what Respawn said earlier.

Yeah but we arw getting the PC version in all countries. Won't the PC version have dedicateds ervers too? Thats what Respawn said earlier.

XB1 platform has a dedicated server infrastructure called Thunderhead that doesn't support PCs or 360s. So I am guessing EA has to roll its own dedicated solution for XB1 in australia like it would for PCs.

wait, obviously I am uninformed, titan is online only? That is, no single player story just head on fps shooter vs other players or ai?

So just to sum it up, Titanfall is a PURE shooter, it's almost like Quake 3? No story no nothing just headson Multiplayer shooter, where the SP part is Bots. Ane we know anything about the SP part or how that will work?

So this is essentially a online only game that will require Gold to have any value at all...

So just to sum it up, Titanfall is a PURE shooter, it's almost like Quake 3? No story no nothing just headson Multiplayer shooter, where the SP part is Bots. Ane we know anything about the SP part or how that will work?

So this is essentially a online only game that will require Gold to have any value at all...

Indeed, if you read the Wikipedia article it's basically Quake 3 Arena on steroids. Up to 12 players are "dumped" into an arena/world and have to shoot it out.

Call me old fashioned, but not my type of game....

From what I read there's is a story but it's narrated in MP also thanks to AI bots.
Maybe they will do something a la Spartan Ops.

I really like the idea of AI bots. If executed well, this is a really cool feature of this game and it exites me as it is fresh and new.

If I understand correctly, I would not compare it to Killzone online MP, where bots replace humans...it seems to me that it is a mixture of Horde mode and competitive gameplay:
Similar to something like League of Legends...competitive + AI grinding!
The potential is high imo! It all depends on the dev how they execute their idea...

A multi player shooter tries something different for a change and what does the collective hive mind of your average gamer do .....moan that's what oh my god maybe those who say I'm not sure should listen to the opinions of those who have played it .
The over all feed back from gamers who have played the game is positive so just okay the game on release then if its not for you list the reasons why but until you have played this game all your doing is talking about something you have no experience of at all.

Now I like the idea of game developers trying out new ideas and gaming styles exspecialy when it comes to FPSs and role play games .come on cod and FPSs in general have stood still adding single player eliments to a online game can work left for dead ...fire fight in halo ...they add single player eliments and lots of gamers really loved the intensity so having two close gaming friends who were lucky enough to have played this game tell me its intense and great fun .
Makes me very eager to try it out for myself before passing judgement on a game I've not played ,

A multi player shooter tries something different for a change and what does the collective hive mind of your average gamer do .....moan that's what oh my god maybe those who say I'm not sure should listen to the opinions of those who have played it .
The over all feed back from gamers who have played the game is positive so just okay the game on release then if its not for you list the reasons why but until you have played this game all your doing is talking about something you have no experience of at all.

Now I like the idea of game developers trying out new ideas and gaming styles exspecialy when it comes to FPSs and role play games .come on cod and FPSs in general have stood still adding single player eliments to a online game can work left for dead ...fire fight in halo ...they add single player eliments and lots of gamers really loved the intensity so having two close gaming friends who were lucky enough to have played this game tell me its intense and great fun .
Makes me very eager to try it out for myself before passing judgement on a game I've not played ,

On the other hand: just because something is new does not mean it is automatically good.

The devs have to proof the following (and you are right, until we have experienced it ourselves, we cannot judge it):

1.) Balancing the Titans and the humans. It would be boring for me personally if humans have no chance against Titans...at least let me get a Titan down fast with team play. But no domination of vehicle...which is sadly some times the case in a BF round (very good heli pilots are super difficult to down).

2.) What exactly is the role and behavior of the AI.

3.) Does it make fun in the end :oops:

I love co-op games against AI, I love Quake-like Mp games against people. Will I like a game which puts AI in my MP match? Ummm.... Will I like a game which replaces some of the enemies in my co-op game with real people ? I don't know...some enemies can be mowed down without thinking while suddenly one of them will be a super human brain not AI.Either that spoils both or works !

Its good they are doing an open Beta. There's no other way to know than to play it.

On the other hand: just because something is new does not mean it is automatically good.

The devs have to proof the following (and you are right, until we have experienced it ourselves, we cannot judge it):

1.) Balancing the Titans and the humans. It would be boring for me personally if humans have no chance against Titans...at least let me get a Titan down fast with team play. But no domination of vehicle...which is sadly some times the case in a BF round (very good heli pilots are super difficult to down).

2.) What exactly is the role and behavior of the AI.

3.) Does it make fun in the end :oops:

All your questions have been answered by those who have played this game .....its simple really if a games fun most of your fellow GAMERS will say its fun .
Most if not all who have played this game say its fun now to me that means this is a game worth playing .

Call me old fashioned, but exactly my type of game :D

Born on Quake myself, this could be a great game.. though i must admit that i am not a big fan of the MP shooters off today, to much XP grinding.. give me the weapons and let me sort it out myself please..

And as long as bots doesn't end up being the factor that wins or loses a game they can be alright, it all depends on the design.

The only major drawback i see to this game on the XB1 platform is that the lack of a real SP game could be a turn off for potential buyers, this is a subscription (gold) based MP shooter.

It's doesn't seem like it will have as wide an audience as the Halo game did..but of course we have Halo for that :)

Born on Quake myself, this could be a great game.. though i must admit that i am not a big fan of the MP shooters off today, to much XP grinding.. give me the weapons and let me sort it out myself please..

And as long as bots doesn't end up being the factor that wins or loses a game they can be alright, it all depends on the design.

The only major drawback i see to this game on the XB1 platform is that the lack of a real SP game could be a turn off for potential buyers, this is a subscription (gold) based MP shooter.

It's doesn't seem like it will have as wide an audience as the Halo game did..but of course we have Halo for that :)

That ! That is the defining factor.

As for subscription, get it on PC and voila ! no subscription required :D

Back