Time Crisis 4

With that I'm hoping you mean the 1up intern reviewer? :D

1UP normally hit the nail on the head with their reviews... can't think of any of their scores I strongly disagree with other than niche titles (that Square space game for example..) I'm glad more sites are starting to use the full scale.

1UP normally hit the nail on the head with their reviews... can't think of any of their scores I strongly disagree with other than niche titles (that Square space game for example..) I'm glad more sites are starting to use the full scale.

Well, this guy really IS an intern. And also, there are some blatant contradictions between the 1up and IGN review ... knowing quite a bit about the Time Crisis series (played it since part 1 on the PS1) I think I know which is which. ;)

For instance, each time you fail Arcade mode, you get more credits for the next attempt. Also, the Crisis Missions have been the highlight of the series for a while now, something which he glosses over completely. Now personally so far I thought the game looked a bit bland compared to some of the previous titles, but all in all he's completely and utterly mistaken that the main Arcade game is the meat of any Time Crisis game.

I'm not passing final judgment here though, just some critical notes.

Well, this guy really IS an intern. And also, there are some blatant contradictions between the 1up and IGN review ... knowing quite a bit about the Time Crisis series (played it since part 1 on the PS1) I think I know which is which. ;)

Gamespot gave the game 5.5. Certainly looks like a dud.

Gamespot gave the game 5.5. Certainly looks like a dud.

Trying to prove this game is a dud is pointless since it has been out for a year now.
And 1up reviews are almost always the worst reviews around (excluding the score).
In this case, I'm pretty sure 3.5 score is also restarted, given that he is comparing a light gun game to Uncharted and Gears.

Bottom line is this is an arcade lightgun port, people (like myself) who enjoy the arcade version will definitely like this as well.

I do however agree that game should be punished for not evolving considerably, but so are VF, Tekken and other arcade games.

A lot of interesting points in this interview. I don't necessarily agree with them, but there are a lot of really interesting points in here anyway.

highlights:
- Namco actively contacts FPS producers on if they want to support the GunCon.
- Namco actively contacts Wii game producers if they want to make a GunCon supporting version of their game for the PS3
- They seem to actively seek out comparisons between the GunCon and the Wiimote (and in fact it seems to have almost all the features of the wiimote, minus the memory and speaker, plus better accuracy and two analog sticks), I presume at least for shooter games.
- FPS extra features for the game have been specifically chosen for the US audience (don't think they succeeded very well so far, but hopefully they have more success with getting support from other developers for the guncon)

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=15738

Back