thinking of buying a HDTV but want your opinion

sergey semak said:
lol! yeah, i don't know why but i read it all wrong...my mistake lol

anyway, i read somewhere that the 32" had a better response time than the 26"

Dunno to be honest, they're both quoted at 8ms - which is not a real figure anyway, but that's another issue. You'll get no ghosting, that's what's important.

sergey semak said:
i noticed a difference!!

Digital Comb Filter -PAL 3D Comb filter for the 32" and 3D Comb Filter for the 26"

don't know if that is very important.. do you know if there are differences in the response time?

It's a typo. Obviously they're both PAL, cause they're in Europe, and they're both 3D comb filters. :D

"I'm not able to make the following decision, I've seen both TV's at the dealer and both looked alright, anyhow, I can buy a S 32" for less than a V 26"."

The V26 uses a slower panel than the V32 & V40... so ghosting should be on par with the S32 (minimal, but present). So, given the choice of a V26 or S32, I'd take the S32.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=6509835&highlight=pc+hdmi+sony#post6509835

this is from the link that PASCAL posted ( 1st post of that page )... but i read somewhere else that the response times where different between V26 and V32.. do you have any link to response times? i tried but no luck at all

i checked the 26", i am happy with the specs.. i am decided, just going to wait until there is a price cut ( probably when the 1080p models arrive, anyone knows when? )...

pascal said:
You are starting to read my mind :)

I would like an HDTV with the Sony panels and engine and the Philips connectivity (dvi, hdmi, usb, flash, etc..) and ambilight :D

hell me too, and atr £850 not £1500-£1800.

the LG panels have good connectivity and reviews and pricing. Might go that route.

Back