The Witness

The witness PS4 PRO version, their target specs are:

- 1440p60fps or more, possibly checkerboard upscaling using 4K displays
- 1080p60fps + 4xMSAA + improved LOD + others improvements using 1080p displays.

HDR patch for all PS4s

http://the-witness.net/news/2016/09/were-doing-a-ps4-pro-patch-here-are-the-technical-details/
Ironically.. The OG PS4 version runs @ 900P with 2XMSAA while the Xbox One version released today runs @ 1080P w/ 4XMSAA...... 30fps on the Xbox I guess? ...go figure...

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/775799047848284162

Last edited:
How did you guys like this one? Did anyone play through more than once ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played it a fair bit then got distracted by life and never continued it. Also didn't help that some puzzles required me to go on YouTube to see wtf was going on, as the game really doesn't guide you at all.

The best of both worlds would be 900p 30fps. Then they could use the freed resources to press the no-stylisation button on their engine and get instant photorealism.

The best of both worlds would be 900p 30fps. Then they could use the freed resources to press the no-stylisation button on their engine and get instant photorealism.

Nah, 540p @240 FPS to get Ultra Photorealism.

My gf recently bought this and I played around with it again. This time I got into it some. And by some I mean I solved some 300-ish puzzles thus far and got to the end game stuff. The game gets deviously hard. Still, figuring out a particularly nasty puzzle board after 40+ minutes feels pretty damn rewarding.

Saint Sigfried it is then :p ! Sounds like a real nasty boss fight ! :D

Will get to this someday, its even on sale on steam right now but just no time to play so many games.

A very funny thing happened.
I apparently unlocked the end or a secret end even before solving the first set of puzzles [emoji14] Lol ! I didn't know what had happened and the game kept ending after entering the place and showing me a fmv which clearly felt like w end game revelation of sorts ! A twist ! Also lets just say it revealed more than what should be right at the start of the game.

I took me quite a while to realise that I was not supposed to be there as there was nowhere else to go after that. I ended the game in 10 mins !!! [emoji38]

Went back in again once I understoodwhat had happened. Either its a Easter egg thing like one could end FC4 in 10 mins or the game expects me to not do this till later in the game.

Edit:Also, HDR is very pretty in this game!
Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

The Witness is fab ! It is just amazing how what seems impossible at first slowly gets solved by you and you feel a wow at yourself ! And gfx are beautiful, HDR very pretty ❤ out n out bold puzzle game. No hand holding no hints .....but very very well made. If bloodborne tests reflex and memory ...witness is ultimate mental ability test !

Back