The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Now that is a trailer, awesome stuff! I think I'm going to wait until it's modded somewhat though.

Why don't you also mention Speedrun records for Skyrim considering you just did that for The Witcher 2?

Skyrim speedrun has been done in under 50 minutes. I'm not sure speedruns have any relevance for how long a person will spend with a game. :D

Regards,
SB

Oh yeah, I was reading another board at the time. I read in it that some Witcher 3 developer said that it took him 25 hours to speedrun the game. If even somewhat true, that would make Witcher 3 one of the longest or hardest games to speedrun. Unless game is like Witcher 2, stricly chapeters with minimal time skips, I really doubt that's the case. as you said, open world game like skyrim can be easily broken and beaten less then hour (I haven't done it as i personally don't like to do cliched runs). Before Witcher 2 legendary edition and for example Quen pre-nerf, it was possible to do Witcher in 2 hours and 20 mins. Really fast but many of the tricks in it don't work any more (or at least i can't replicate 'em).

New offical trailer looks amazing. I can't belive open world game looks that good and has so much going on in it.

lol I honestly shouldn't have watched it. I just feel like I watched a trailer to Avengers. It totally sold me, but now I know too much!
We have tickets for Age of Ultron two Friday's from now, 20.30 showing and we're so looking forward to it. Marvel have been nailing it and Joss Whedon has never disappointed! Marvel trailers are really tricksy, though. You think you have an idea of what is happening in the trailer but it's never quite as it appears :nope:

I've played the 360 version of Witcher 2...i thought it was pretty good, but this is really looking good. I hope the PS4 version is solid

My FB status right now:

I bought my ps4 for the Witcher 3 but Bloodborne has completely stolen my heart and soul ! I will listen to your tales, Geralt, someday, but don't mind my absence if I am not there the day you begin ur adventure !

I will be still reading your adventures everyday, though !

I actually feel the exact opposite to you Renegade, I need something to take off all the tension and stress that I had with BB and just immerse to the great wildness without constantly fear death and the loss of currency etc. TW3 sounds like the perfect game to delve into, you hunt monsters in both games but man I could do dieing less than 20 times lol.
I know, I'm not hardcore, don't judge me too harshly

I actually feel the exact opposite to you Renegade, I need something to take off all the tension and stress that I had with BB and just immerse to the great wildness without constantly fear death and the loss of currency etc. TW3 sounds like the perfect game to delve into, you hunt monsters in both games but man I could do dieing less than 20 times lol.
I know, I'm not hardcore, don't judge me too harshly
I am not hardcore either, I just play for fun, which annoyed some of my friends in destiny who played very seriously. But BB is so much fun to me :D ! DS2 was very stressful to me and I stopped playing as it was challenging but not engrossing, but BB, boy BB is a dream cone true to me. Fantastic world, super mysterious, super good looking and fun n thrilling combat ! I am smitten !

And funny that a gamer like me is not having difficulty surviving in it ! Shows how good the gameplay is actually. It isn't difficult, its just precise and with so many blood vials all around , it forgives a LOT compared to old souls games.

I don't want to take time off from BB, instead I just don't want it to end !

New gameplay overview is maybe the best trailer they have made for Witcher 3 [Sword of Destiny trailer is also up there].

edit - HQ version
https://mega.co.nz/#!eRRiST6Q!ISuZ58MzXEb8cQD5XoBYrAVMqtI_35s42IKlyKkUbYE
What can I say. I am awestruck. I completed The Witcher 1 on the PC, and I have The Witcher 2 on X360 but I haven't completed it yet, so I wonder where the story starts from.

Why don't you also mention Speedrun records for Skyrim considering you just did that for The Witcher 2?

Skyrim speedrun has been done in under 50 minutes. I'm not sure speedruns have any relevance for how long a person will spend with a game. :D

Regards,
SB
I've found the video. Some good memories brought back.. The world record was beaten less than a month ago.

Fun fact: I found GOW3 difficult, but I can do my thing in BB ! Go figure !
The thing is no matter how difficult GOW3 is, it wont let you repeat the whole level and collecting all the necessary items just to have another go at the boss :), my stress with BB goes beyond the fighting mechanics, it's got a lot to do with other things too. But otherwise I find the game world really beautiful looking, very nice creature designs and a dark, sadistic theme that really creates atmosphere. Now I will return and try to beat the 3rd boss for the 15th time.

thats god of war or gears of war?

if its gears, the one on PC is much easier due to mouse+KB :"D

but all of them are corridors level. while witcher is open, although i dont know how open it will really be (Dragon Age Inquisition is open but corridor).

The thing is no matter how difficult GOW3 is, it wont let you repeat the whole level and collecting all the necessary items just to have another go at the boss :), my stress with BB goes beyond the fighting mechanics, it's got a lot to do with other things too. But otherwise I find the game world really beautiful looking, very nice creature designs and a dark, sadistic theme that really creates atmosphere. Now I will return and try to beat the 3rd boss for the 15th time.
Hey, once u know where the boss is just run for it ! WHen I actually gofor killing a boss, I just run past everything and straight to the fog most of the time! Why waste time and resources midway. And anyways I want the least amount of souls on me when I go for a boss.

as for the BSB, you haven't tried the Pungent Beast cocktail yet? If nothing, ring the beckoning bell near the Lamp and wait for someone to drop in, then get the boss. You saw the boss didn't last for even a minute in co-op.

But you do know that the point is finding the shortcuts, or alternatively running past the enemies to get where you need to go, if you don't want to fight. Right?

But you do know that the point is finding the shortcuts, or alternatively running past the enemies to get where you need to go, if you don't want to fight. Right?

What kind of evil vanquisher are you? :runaway:

Although the Witcher 3 was on my radar I was only really interested in it as a stepping stone to Bethesda's next epic adventure but what with the 4 minute trailer from last week and the 37 minute gameplay video released last year, I've gone from 1 to hype factor 11 in just a few days. Although I'd rather play something like this in first person, this game look utterly brilliant.

I'm already plotting way to lose my other half for the week following the bank holiday weekend following the Witcher 3's release in the UK so I can properly explore a world 20% bigger than Skyrim. :yes:

I'm not sure speedruns have any relevance for how long a person will spend with a game. :D
Not for me, I'm the worst for getting distracted in open world games! I actually finished almost every quest in Oblivion but it took me around two years and about six months to complete the main quest. I've still not completed the main quest in Skyrim and have sunk more hours in that than Oblivion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back