The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Definitely going to get this, just finished the Witcher 2 EE on 360 a few months back and loved it. Much better than TES games (and I'm a TES fan), story is more engaging and the fact that the world and quests are less sprawling mean you aren't overloaded with things to do.

Combat is also really fun, much better than the timing-based systems in things like Assassin's Creed or Batman: Arkham games.

Xbone supports external USB3 drives.
I knew about the 3.0 thing, but I wasn't sure if the HD is internal or external, or the case can be removed, 'cos there is no need for it. Thanks for confirming me that it works with the X1 given the specs.

Map of The Witcher 3: :)

Sna3kJe.jpg

vjSBBpD.jpg

And new screengrabs!! :)

NVTOlsF.png

MppcaGN.jpg

XY72Pum.jpg

or0cxbv.png

IDGctVJ.jpg

yGGbIwW.jpg

57maZGj.jpg

EEi1t6L.jpg

nFhfu3k.jpg

lkxbtLa.jpg

GcDXZHF.jpg

btw can somebody explained to me whats wrong with the brick wall in this screenshot?

Its very flat, but theres ONE brick thats pop out.
Bugged POM (the technique to make flat texture pop out like 3D. forgot the name sorry if its not pom)?

nFhfu3k.jpg

btw can somebody explained to me whats wrong with the brick wall in this screenshot?

Bugged POM (the technique to make flat texture pop out like 3D. forgot the name sorry if its not pom)?

nFhfu3k.jpg
It's apparent in the lower left as well. I noticed in other screen shots that there is a lot of flat texturing in this game, I'm guessing due to performance budget going elsewhere.

Those 2 bricks look like geometry rather than pom or tessellation so it's likely there to break up the flat wall.

I don't think it's a proper technique but rather a trick.
In Uncharted, AC or Splinter Cell the bricks/rocks you can actully cling to are 3D, the rest are 2D and it's the same here
Those 3D bricks (there are are other bricks on left as well) just make the wall look more real.
I guess they do so because it's less expensive than use displacement mapping on all/more bricks.

Technical
  • Geralt's beard will grow over time
I think we should start judging the technical merit of games based not only on whether beards grow, but also their rendering quality and volume. In fact, rather than dropping review scores I think it'd be better to eliminate "Gameplay" from the equation (especially since we now know it’s a myth) and simply replace it with “Beard”. At least The Order:1886 would be getting better aggregate scores.

I don't think it's a proper technique but rather a trick.
In Uncharted, AC or Splinter Cell the bricks/rocks you can actully cling to are 3D, the rest are 2D and it's the same here
Those 3D bricks (there are are other bricks on left as well) just make the wall look more real.
I guess they do so because it's less expensive than use displacement mapping on all/more bricks.
For a game that is supposed to push modern PC's to their limits and looks spectacular in almost every way, something as common as displacement mapping at minimum being omitted doesn't make sense at all. The only reasoning is that either the screenshots being released over the last 6-12 months have all been console, or the artists weren't allowed to spend time on it? Surely at some point in its long development they would have look at a flat brick wall and wondered why they aren't tessellating or at minimum displacement mapping?

To me this issue stands out in many of the screens. Look at the screens above. In the weapon shop the wood paneling is detailed with what looks to be full geometry and at least some displacement mapping and specular on the knotting along the rafters? And the bridge with the short stone wall above looks very detailed with possible tessellation, especially the 2nd bridge behind slightly in distance still looks fantastic. Yet a common brick wall has nothing at all apart from a couple of cube bricks sticking out? Doesn't make sense.

Tirelipimpon sur le chiwawa:

http://i.imgur.com/nFhfu3k.jpg
:) What does that mean? I think the picture looks great for the most part, especially the detailed character... The grey-haired attractive old man typical in videogames. :D The only thing sticking out like a sore thumb are the wall joints.. especially for a game with such great graphics. It's even more surprising when you take into account the game uses a lot of different techniques, and some of them can be switched on and off -PC-.

The developers have said that Chromatic Aberration can be toggled in the PC version according to your own liking.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34354-Chromatic-aberration-toggle?p=1579624&viewfull=1

4aO957S.jpg

Those bricks just look hideous all around, flat shaded, and it doesn't even wrap around the corners right in places.

If used well, CA is effect that does not bothers me. From everything I saw so far, Witcher 3 looks great [with few issues that will hopefully be fixed [bricks :D]].

I think this guy of CD PROJET will have problem. He said he prefers PC ersion with minimum spec to Xbox One version. People need to think before use twitter.

To be fair, he did clarify it was because of the resolution. The resolution of the console versions will surprise nobody. I'm sure I read they are targeting 900p on both.

Loving the detailed characters. On the other hand I'm not really a big fan of the game's lighting. The blown out whites and the over-saturated colors give it a strangely cartoon-ish and oddly dated look.

Back