The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

No. CDPRed confirmed that PS4 will be 1080p30 and Xbone will be 900p30.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-1080p-on-ps4-900p-on-xbox-one/1100-6424952/

Well, you are right there. ;-)

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gsy_preview_the_witcher_3-16396_fr.html

Gamersyde play with other french journalist the three versions the PS4 is 1080p and Xbox One 900p. They play PC version in Ultra version in glorious better than 1080p resolution in 60fps with a 980 GTX and it is gorgeous. It is not on the English part of the site. I understand everything I am french.

Last edited:
PC version on Ultra was not present at that media event. Only Very High.

edit - scratch that, this was some brand new event. So I am possibly very mistaken.

PC version on Ultra was not present at that media event. Only Very High.

It was an event last week and they said they played the best PC version with everything like Nvidia Hairworks and other thing in Ultra. It is in the article and it was not running in 1080p but a better resolution (1440p???) and a perfect 60 fps.

Le PC quant à lui menait la danse, avec une résolution supérieure à 1080p et toutes les options graphiques poussées à leur maximum (technologie Nvidia incluse), le tout s'affichant avec un 60fps parfaitement stable. Cette version gagne aussi en densité de végétation, propose des particules plus nombreuses et un clipping un peu moins prononcé avec une meilleure distance d'affichage. Normal me direz-vous. Notez cependant que les configurations étaient relativement costaudes, sans avoir les specs complètes des machines présentes, elles tournaient tout de même avec 16Go de ram et une GTX 980.

Last edited:
I will be one of these players with over 200+ hours to finish this game. I hate leaving stones unturned, I mean sidequests undone :)
Also it would be nice if AMD released R390X before Witcher 3 launch as I want to play with vSync on and maximum quality maybe bar AA (1440p screen).

I don't think that will happen. W3 will be out in mid May, while Computex [rumored place where AMD will announce R300] is in early June. At least Batman got delayed a bit, so gamers can possibly get new Radeons before that game is out.

Because batman and AMD has always been a good match [emoji14]

This and Batman are my two most anticipated games.

Just by looking at this video, the world seems so dense with detail. I feel like I can really loose myself in this one. Can't wait!

The PS4 version at 1080p and High settings would look glorious on a large HDTV, love how dense the forest is with moving shadows and the beautiful lighting with full PBR, this is reminding me of the first time I fired up Oblivion on Xbox360 back in the days.

It's the next step up in open world visuals. As power increases we always start to see graphics equivalent to older linear titles, in open world games, and it's quite impressive.

I compared a video of this to Oblivion (an early gen open world title) on last gen consoles a few months back, I think you can clearly see a real generation gap with ease there.

i wonder if this is the Xbox One version (since they have a marketing deal). It uses Xbox prompts but it could be PC with Xbox controller. But I did notice a lot of pop in, which would be disappointing for a monster PC rig but more understandable on X1.

It's confirmed to be PC footage with a X1 controller on Gaf according to the ign guy. Yeah I hate it when devs don't specify which version of the game when demoing.

any idea why the animation looks stiff, especially the upper body part? (shoulders, facial, lips, eyes) at least when compared to TLOU or FF XV.

the cameras also rather "static"

These play times always look so weak after Destiny. I used to think 40 hours was daunting. Now I've got well, I dont even know, but surely over 500 hours (possibly more like 1000) in Destiny.
The difference is new unique single player content vs. repeated multiplayer/MMO content. I've clocked up actual years in WoW and EverQuest over a decade and there are probably CoD/Battlefield players who have clocked up bonkers number of hours that dwarf your Destiny gameplay.

And there's nothing to stop people replaying the same objectives in single player games as much as others grind through encounter after encounter in multiplayer. When I think of the money I pumped into Pacman, Defender and Missile Command :runaway:

Skyrim, legandary edition (don't know how many DLC it has) took me about 300 hours. A single run. Witcher 2 took about 40 hours. But I can also finish Roche's path Witcher 2 run in bit over 3 hours (Dark Mode) and Insane (basically hard with ironman as in no deaths allowed) in bit under 4 hours. I get bit too careful with my health. Current world best single segment Insane run is about 3 hours. Ioveths path takes much longer, and overall i have about 180 hours played (about 100 hours of those are explore everything, talk to everyone, do all quests), rest are various runs with no armor or no weapons or unarmed only and such.

I hope that Witcher 3 gives me at least Skyrim amount of playtime :)

Skyrim, legandary edition (don't know how many DLC it has) took me about 300 hours. A single run. Witcher 2 took about 40 hours. But I can also finish Roche's path Witcher 2 run in bit over 3 hours (Dark Mode) and Insane (basically hard with ironman as in no deaths allowed) in bit under 4 hours. I get bit too careful with my health. Current world best single segment Insane run is about 3 hours. Ioveths path takes much longer, and overall i have about 180 hours played (about 100 hours of those are explore everything, talk to everyone, do all quests), rest are various runs with no armor or no weapons or unarmed only and such.

I hope that Witcher 3 gives me at least Skyrim amount of playtime :)

Why don't you also mention Speedrun records for Skyrim considering you just did that for The Witcher 2?

Skyrim speedrun has been done in under 50 minutes. I'm not sure speedruns have any relevance for how long a person will spend with a game. :D

Regards,
SB

Why don't you also mention Speedrun records for Skyrim considering you just did that for The Witcher 2?

Skyrim speedrun has been done in under 50 minutes. I'm not sure speedruns have any relevance for how long a person will spend with a game. :D

Regards,
SB
Now I would love to see that, hopefully there is a Youtube video or similar.

Back