The weirdest thing happened yesterday. Farcry related.

Guden Oden

Legend
I had installed a mod for the game which was supposed to give me a godmode so I could get past the god damned carrier deck, but it did not. All it did was add a non-working godmode button on the new game/load checkpoint screen and put the text "GOD 0" in a green font in the upper left corner when playing.

In order to purge it, I had to reinstall the entire game, so I started by uninstalling. Then I ran the autostart app and clicked the install button, at which point the splash screen disappeared and the installer did NOT start...

I repeated that about a million times. Ok, not a million. Probably less than ten actually, but it sure was consistent between tries. I did the usual stuff, checked the FAQ on the website etc to see WTF was up and found nothing that could help me out. So I called up Ubisoft...

They want people to register for their website in order to receive techsupport. Problem was, Avant Browser had fscked with my security level and cookie settings, making it impossible to register/log in properly. Of course it took me quite a while to figure that out and it gave me (and probably the poor ubisoft guy on the other end) grey hairs. In the end he created an account for me and after he called back I had fixed the settings and I could log in. We did stuff, deleted registry keys blahblahblah, and then I attached dxdiag and msinfo logs to my support request.

Today he mailed back and said it seemed I had no optical drives at all according to those programs. I checked msinfo and sure enough, no optical drive. Still, it was there in the device manager, and all my games are working perfectly reading the goddamn copy protection when I start them. Still, I deleted the drives in the device manager and restarted just to have done it and be able to say I did it and it did not fix anything. Sure enough, after the computer rebooted both DVDROMs were back in the device manager and not showing up in msinfo. I popped in farcry again just to confirm it wouldn't start the install, but this time it did... :devilish:

Wtf.

I hate PCs! :LOL:

Guden Oden said:
I had installed a mod for the game which was supposed to give me a godmode so I could get past the god damned carrier deck, but it did not.

Why don't you just use the built in cheats?
They're easy to fing in google.

Uhm, that "God 0" IS the god cheat....everytime you die it adds one to its count.

It doesn't make you invulnerable, it just makes death a big nothing. :)

digitalwanderer said:
Uhm, that "God 0" IS the god cheat....everytime you die it adds one to its count.

Heh, well you see, I let a dude stand there and shoot at me, and I DIED. So that's why I wrote "non-working". Anyway, I googled up another cheat and that did work, but then I got a crash while playing so maybe I'm pushing the video card too hard. :devilish:

Will try again later after me laundry's done heh heh.

Back