ProgramData -> NVIDIA -> Streamline -> witcher3 folder over 100GB

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
My SSD filled up completely and when I checked why there's a folder (ProgramData -> NVIDIA -> Streamline -> witcher3) with ~125GB of crap in it. WTF is this? I assume it has something to do with me bingeing The Witcher 3 but google is failing me. I deleted it all (there were a bazillion subfolders in there each with ~40MB of something). Maybe I should've checked what those files where but I deleted them and they're gone. I assume this will continue happening and I've no idea what it is or how to stop it.

Nvidia Streamline is to help with upscaling integration in games.

So in your case it would be DLSS?

I wonder if there's a bug in the game that's causing it to generate a new file every time you play?

Try clearing the folder, start the game once, exit the game and then set the folder to read only and see if the game still works?

seems to be a bug related to nVidia GPUs or the game itself. That folder exists on my computer but not the nVidia folder specifically, just an Intel folder, and there are some logs, but it's only 18MB. ProgramData, the root folder contains 6GB of data on my PC

The files aren't coming back even after playing and quitting the game. Don't know what that was about. Didn't notice my drive was filling up until I pressed F5 and got a message saying there wasn't enough space to save the game :LOL:

Back