The Order: 1886

Eurogamer baitclicking again, but ok, that guy's oppinion is what it is. He can keep it.

So many other journalists and people who reported playing the game on the showfloor were very positive, describing good gameplay and immersion into the world of alternative Victorian England.

Who did? I have yet to hear anything positive about this game from a single journalist (including our own editors) who I wouldn't describe as pr-mouthpiece in disguise. That's really not baitclicking. That's called doing your job. It's just sad how it took years of broken AAA releases before somebody finally decided to be critical in advance for a change. All these really-not-at-all-brave editorials that hit months after both the consumer's money and good will have been spent are of no help to anyone.

IGN was very positive [after bashing the game for months], so was Gametrailers and several others. Also, few gaffers who were skeptical of the game managed to play the game on the PSX showfloor and they were happy.

This Eurogamer guy was angry at quicktime events appearing "every 30 seconds". Now that's bullshit. There was one section of them in entire demo [10 sec cockpit fight], plus sneaking require timed attack. That's far from being anywhere close to forcing QTEs everywhere. Is he suddenly classifying "opening doors and pulling levers" as QTEs?

I don't call what he is doing bravery, I call it bullshit. He's attacking everything he can.

I will but this game if I read good impression from other gamer I trust in forum. I bought Drive Club like this and I don't regret it because I am not fan of online racing and online gaming in general. It is my favorite AAA game this year.

I don't trust videogame site anymore...

My only deception was buying Destiny because online is the focus ... The only thing I like in Drive Club online is asynchronous with challenge...

Last edited:
Eurogamer baitclicking again, but ok, that guy's oppinion is what it is. He can keep it.

I watch a lot of Ian Higton's videos on Eurogamer and the guy is fairly solid. He is the guy who does most of their streaming video impressions and early access stuff so he's well familiar with the perils of unfinished code.

I've long since stopped pre-ordering unless I'm 100% sure about the game and the team (rare these days) or unless I've seen the review. Even now, plenty of games don't launch in the UK until Friday (rather than Tuesday) and if there review isn't out before launch day I generally consider that a bad sign and will hold off.

I watch a lot of Ian Higton's videos on Eurogamer and the guy is fairly solid. He is the guy who does most of their streaming video impressions and early access stuff so he's well familiar with the perils of unfinished code.

I've long since stopped pre-ordering unless I'm 100% sure about the game and the team (rare these days) or unless I've seen the review. Even now, plenty of games don't launch in the UK until Friday (rather than Tuesday) and if there review isn't out before launch day I generally consider that a bad sign and will hold off.
Not to mention that games are dropping in price so quickly.

A fix to that would be to not buy games at launch, and in that sense Ian's advice is sound.

A fix to that would be to not buy games at launch, and in that sense Ian's advice is sound.

True. But then publisher would lose even more money, as no one pays full price anymore. Do you think in such a theoretical situation that the quality of games increase?

Srsly tho gais. I'm not even talking about the Order in particular here. Could a game go from 30fps to 60fps if it got rid of 4xmsaa. Because my computer can't function with that kind of AA.

Visually it looks mind blowing and in a class of its own, I just hope it has a lengthy story, good character development and story telling like TLOU. Anything beyond is just icing on the cake. Only less than two months now:).

Shaders, lighting and post processing work very well together to create the look. Also, impressive character models and animation, including secondary stuff like cloth and hair dynamics (although they're a bit rough, but still very convincing).

Oh yeah, aesthetically it looks good. But I'm wondering what makes it best technically on the PS4 for some people. As far as I can tell, it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Back