The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

The Lower Decks/Strange New Worlds crossover is now my official favorite episode of any Trek series ever. It delivered on so many fronts it wasn't funny and all the inside references as well as meta-connections just blew my mind and I smiled and laughed my way through the whole thing. Everyone was brilliant in it, but Jack Quaid just slammed it out of the park. I haven't followed either series much but I'm watching Lower Decks as my next binge. :love:

The Lower Decks/Strange New Worlds crossover is now my official favorite episode of any Trek series ever. It delivered on so many fronts it wasn't funny and all the inside references as well as meta-connections just blew my mind and I smiled and laughed my way through the whole thing. Everyone was brilliant in it, but Jack Quaid just slammed it out of the park. I haven't followed either series much but I'm watching Lower Decks as my next binge. :love:

Lower Decks is really good, and I enjoyed the first season on SNW a lot while I had Paramount. Unfortunately we dropped that service so I can't watch the second season yet. I'll probably pick it up for a month once the season is over and binge watch it.

I am following "Strange New Worlds" and "Foundation", both second seasons.
Sometimes I feel like I am back to the sixties.

Its still got a bunch of hangover form Disgracery & other issues but I've really quite enjoyed a lot of Strange New Worlds S2.
I guess the key was realising its not a serious show, they are intentionally hamming it up.
Handsome Mounts hairdo was really the clue...

At first I wasn't keen on the Lower decks crossover but it was a pretty fun episode & this last, musical episode was a riot.
I couldn't stop laughing when the Klingons came on screen :ROFLMAO:

They missed the opportunity to drop a Star Trekkin' line though

Dave Filoni is the one who brings balance to the Force.

I haven't watched the Clone Wars and Rebels much (just casually here and there while my son went through them it back in the day), but I think Ahsoka is exactly what it is supposed to be. Star Wars tropes so well executed that you don't get stuck into the stupid stuff like in Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. The casting of most roles is also perfect IMO.

Also in Mandalorian, I think the episodes where Filoni has been involved the most are easy to spot. In a positive sense.

Last edited:
Technically its good & follow on plot from Clone Wars/Rebels but I'm not a super big fan of that whole extra-mystical force stuff or 'go to a place to find a thing that you gotta take to somewhere else to read the map that leads you on an improbable journey' kind of plot line so I'm kinda meh on it overall so far :cautious:

Lower decks is great again :yes:

I'm slowly working my way through Black Mirror & its pretty awesome (mostly) dark dystopic stuff (y)

extra-mystical force stuff or 'go to a place to find a thing that you gotta take to somewhere else to read the map that leads you on an improbable journey' kind of plot line
AFAICS that is exactly the mandatory trope collection you just need to take as granted, being the essence of the 'extended universe' stories. For any fan of KOTOR it feels like home.

Watched two episodes of the live action One Piece series, it's good so far. I really thought was doomed not to work in a realistic setting.

It was good overall. With some baffling color grading... Iike... The whole thing looks compressed. Like raised lacks and lowered whites

Gen V: gross and boring :/
I was expecting more

Not watched Gen V yet, but I read a good quote from James Burrows earlier today (he's the director/producer behind Taxi, Cheers, Frasier and millions of other sitcoms):

"When I started out in the 70s, there were three networks and 30 great comedy writers. Now we have 500 networks and 30 great comedy writers."

And here's another one:

"You have people who are running the business now who don’t really understand the business. They just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks."

Very true, I think! The people running the business don't even keep good shows going and there isn't enough writing talent around to keep too many good shows going.

You can imagine some Amazon execs sitting around deciding they needed a The Boys spin-off without considering they needed to actually finish The Boys in the first place!

In Gen V the actors are very good, in particular Lizze Broadway, the effects are better than a marvel series (or dc movie...), photography is good, etc... but really can't care less about the characters or the plot.
There's the social/celebrity commentary, but diluted and boring. It starts with boring and unlikable characters, and then it becomes a scooby doo's episode.
In theory, it's a series where anyone has powers, and what we have instead is a regular teen high school / college, with people that spend time being jerks or horny, but sometimes with powers. Or a tail.

Back