The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Now this might be interesting: Benioff&Weiss are working on series adaptation of the Three-Body Problem with 200M budget, for Netflix. Reportedly it should launch already beginning of next year.

Based on teaser it feels like it might be pretty faithful to the book; also, Chinese adaptation has already been made so I hope the rather fast release schedule implies that American writers haven't tampered with it much.

Last edited:
That's them being faithful to the original series. Remember Kirk's "throw myself sideways at 3 Klingons so they have to catch me" strategy he used to always use? Terrible fight choreography is just an homage to SToS. :yes:
And the weird punches with both hands joined together :ROFLMAO: I remember as a kid trying that with crossed fingers in two hands, immediately realizing it was just complete bullshit:LOL:

And the weird punches with both hands joined together :ROFLMAO: I remember as a kid trying that with crossed fingers in two hands, immediately realizing it was just complete bullshit:LOL:
I did the "dive at their feet to knock them down!" move and learned how idiotic it was. Thankfully it was only my brother and we were like 10-11 years old. LOL

My wife likes Secret Invasion, I haven't really checked it out.

It annoys me tremendously that years before the secret 1/2 Klingon warrior Kirk rose to prominence they have it so even pretty little nurse can single handedly take on multiple Klingons with Kirkfu :runaway:

So anyway, Silo: Overall I liked it but unless there's actually less finality in the finale than it seems to have, I think it would have probably worked out better trimmed down to a 4-6-episode mini-series or split out to a compendium of 2-3 separate stories in the same setting.

HIJACK is really good! complete with the "apple tv premium look" visuals. also amazing audio!

a bit too dumbed-down tho.

Last edited:
Silo is based on several books. Don't know how close it is to the books but they are probably planning multiple seasons.

Well with the writers strike, and maybe an actor's strike as well, it could get delayed.

It's already stalled production of the second season of Severance.

I've not bothered to watch Silo. I enjoyed the books, but don't feel the urge to watch another TV series where I fundamentally know what is going to happen.

The first book was very good, the second was quite decent but the third was a big change. Not quite sure how they will film that one, providing they keep the fundamentals of the story intact!

Back