The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

The Haunting of Hill House. So, so good! The episodes are interesting from beginning to end. Nothing feels like a filler. The photography is very detailed and exquisite, as well.

I don't know why but I feel very connected to the characters. Maybe it's just because it's so well done, IMO.

If you like horror stuff, it's a must. Even if you don't, but you would like to watch a cohesive show with a good story and good actors, it's a good choice.

Well, I guess I have to wait until I finish watching it, but something tells me my opinion won't change.

The Haunting of Hill House. So, so good!
Yes it is, fantastic from start to finish. Sometimes filling the history of a family during the show can be tiresome but each journey back into their past was enlightening, succinct and progressed the story.

for all mankind on apple streaming service is interesting
alternate history; what if the ussr beat the usa to land people on the moon?

Who watches the watchmen show.
I just started and I'm two episodes in. I've not read the comic, nor seen the previous TV show, but I have seen the movie. I have no idea what is going on. Literally none. But it's great. So good. But WTF. All the time, WTF. But so good. :runaway:

I just started and I'm two episodes in. I've not read the comic, nor seen the previous TV show, but I have seen the movie. I have no idea what is going on. Literally none. But it's great. So good. But WTF. All the time, WTF. But so good. :runaway:
So you have watched the movie but the TV show is still interesting and engrossing ? Maybe I should watch it.

I'll watch it, but only after all episodes air, so I can binge through it.

So you have watched the movie but the TV show is still interesting and engrossing ? Maybe I should watch it.
A degree of it is my desire to find out what the hell is going. It's teasingly evasive in many areas, pulling you along with a wild ride.

Just finished good omens liked it a lot but the ending was crap
while not a comedy it was very light hearted I was hoping for something much darker.
Being a huge fan of the book, which I've read many times, I was disappointed by the TV adaptation of Good Omens. This is the trick with books, you have an idea - a general tone - in your head then a director portrays it differently. The ending in the book feels significantly more dramatic and it's kind of ironic that the anti-Christ has an anti-climatic ending in the TV series. So much for infallibility!

I'm also watch the Mandalorian, with overall I am really liking. But the main character..

It was a brave choice to have a spin-off with a character who always wears a helmet, where you can't see his face, his voice is muted because of the helmet, and his body movements are controlled so overall you can infer very little emotion from him - you just have to watch and infer emotion and motives from actions. It's not bad, but definitely a brave choice.

His 'cohort' though. So good. Best non-speaking cohort ever, he (or is it she?) steals every scene they are in. So good. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently its a rip-off of Shogun Assassin

I've no idea of any parallels with the Mandalorian - only really into the original trilogy, not the expanded universe or prequel/sequel trilogies - but I really want to see Shogun Assassin now. There's a certain sort of aesthetic to 70's and 80's films that I love. And obviously, anything Samurai related is immediately of interest.

I've no idea of any parallels with the Mandalorian - only really into the original trilogy, not the expanded universe or prequel/sequel trilogies - but I really want to see Shogun Assassin now.
It''s thematically similar off the bat; bad-arse protagonist roaming and getting into scrapes while using his combat prowess to do good. Then there is the kid thing. I mean several shots of him pushing a kid in a pram.

That's really what hit home for me. I mean come on, it's exactly like...

The Chronicles of Baby Yoda: the Mandalorian saga

So for Crisis on Infinite Earths if I only watch Flash right now I have to start with Supergirl, then Batwoman, then the new Flash tonight and whatever follows? And is watching Silent Bob yelling about it worth that show?

I watched the first episode of Watchmen. It didn't grab me, just yet. I'll eventually watch it all, but it didn't draw me in.

I watched the first episode of His Dark Materials, then followed it with the next 3 episodes. It drew me in.

Back