The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Started watching Discovery S4 last night with my new Paramount+ subscription - first 2 episodes.

I now want to rip my eyes out.

And what on earth is with the flame throwers on the bridge (or any other facility that's being damaged)? Its an horrendous immersion (what there is of it) breaking effect that makes me think I'm watching a One Direction concert rather than a space battle.

Obi-Wan
b6TTrVw.jpeg

The good bits were good bordering epic & within its continuity it was a pretty neat resolution to the stupid corner they needlessly wrote themselves into.
Overall the stupid, the badly executed and the horribly canon breaking bits dominate = a show that should not have been made.

Once again bad writers trying to write woke produce the opposite effect: Reeva is not some kind of hero of diversity character, Reeva is the uppity freedman bent on vengance who needs to be put in place by their white betters.
Its racist and bad and we all cheered when Vader smacked her down without even needing to ignite his saber 🌈

This is pretty epic for a battle that never happened

Last edited:
I thought Obi Wan was pretty epic when Vader told the world who really killed Anakin. Everything was pretty meh.

My favourite part of Obi Wan was when they tried to smuggle Leia out of the Inquisitor's base under Obi Wan's coat. Not so much Jedi Mind Trick as, 'Fuck it, we can't think of any sensible way to try and write this so let's hide her under a coat'.

Also, Obi Wan doesn't half age during the next decade or so, doesn't he? Barely looks any older than when Anakin was a kid but in the next decade, he turns into Alec Guinness!

My favourite part of Obi Wan was when they tried to smuggle Leia out of the Inquisitor's base under Obi Wan's coat. Not so much Jedi Mind Trick as, 'Fuck it, we can't think of any sensible way to try and write this so let's hide her under a coat'.

Also, Obi Wan doesn't half age during the next decade or so, doesn't he? Barely looks any older than when Anakin was a kid but in the next decade, he turns into Alec Guinness!
Well they serve stiff drinks in Mos Eisley bars, and dehydrating in the desert cave with hangover can't be good for constitution.

Personally I thought Obi Wan was great, especially the last episode. Slotted perfectly between the old and new trilogies IMO with some very touching moments, particularly at the end of the fight and the very end of the episode. I'd argue it was on a par quality wise to the prequel trilogy obviously accepting that this is an extended small screen production rather than a film length big screen one.

the old man with jeff bridges is an exciting thriller, im a sucker for good thrillers and a sucker for jeff bridges :)

Halo was the substantially better series of the two.
I disagree.
The good bits of Obi-wan were at least decently good, the 'good' bits of Halo were still just B-grade action filmed in a quarry.

In a show called 'Obi-wan Kenobi' there was already far too much of the Inquisitors, if they wanted to make an Inquisitor show it should have been called 'Jedi hunters' or something and have left Ben & the twins out of it entirely.
Actually that might have been a good series so I guess I kinda agree with that 🤔

Back