The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if this is a missed opportunity. They could have targeted 120fps+vrr and have an option for locked 60fps. At 120fps any artifacts from temporal algorithms would be halved compared to 60fps. VRR would take care of the dips.
it can't target 120fps in bc mode

it can't target 120fps in bc mode

They could have converted to ps5 version. Just target 120fps+vrr, no other changes. But anyway. I'm in minority here. I suppose console folks don't care that much about fps, even 60 is plenty for many who are used to 30. Having 120fps would have been nice way to minimize perceived temporal artifacts and get appearance of higher resolution.

They could have converted to ps5 version. Just target 120fps+vrr, no other changes. But anyway. I think I'm in minority here. I suppose console folks don't care that much about fps, even 60 is plenty for many who are used to 30. Having 120fps would have been nice way to minimize perceived temporal artifacts and get appearance of higher resolution.
hehe yes they could created native ps5 app and then even target higher res

hehe yes they could created native ps5 app and then even target higher res

I'm just going with higher fps and less temporal artifacts to propose very minimal way of getting better graphics. Increasing resolution and possibly touching assets and textures to support bigger resolution would be much more work. Higher fps will lead to higher perceived resolution due to the temporal algorithm being used and difference between frames being half when using 120fps versus 60fps.

I'm just going with higher fps and less temporal artifacts to propose very minimal way of getting better graphics. Increasing resolution and possibly touching assets and textures to support bigger resolution would be much more work. Higher fps will lead to higher perceived resolution due to the temporal algorithm being used and difference between frames being half when using 120fps versus 60fps.
in practice i'm sure 4k 60 would look better than 1440p 120fps (for me at least as im not into 120fps hype) also don't think there is as much room to run lou2 on ps5 1440p 120fps but for sure could run higher dynamic res in 60

in practice i'm sure 4k 60 would look better than 1440p 120fps (for me at least as im not into 120fps hype) also don't think there is as much room to run lou2 on ps5 1440p 120fps but for sure could run higher dynamic res in 60

I'm sure real 4k would look better. It's also more effort than just going for higher fps. I was trying to propose the very minimal and logical conclusion to what TLoU2 patch did. It raised fps from 30 to 60. They could have gone a bit further and done the work to enable 120Hz. That's the easy(ish) missed opportunity.

I progressed through the game just recently. These guys sure know how to play with cognitive dissonance. The plot totally fucks you up. And when you think there is nothing more, it fucks you up even more

I progressed through the game just recently. These guys sure know how to play with cognitive dissonance. The plot totally fucks you up. And when you think there is nothing more, it fucks you up even more
As someone mentioned somewhere - first part was about hope, second part is about hate. It leaves you exhausted.

I'm on my second playtrough. Finally I'm having fun - first time was so frustrating with all the fabular choices ND made and overall grim atmosphere, also played on survival. Right now I am having pure blast while playing it as regular shooter and not giving a fuck about story..

My take on why Ellie is killing the fireflies

After what happened in the first game they hunted and killed Joel. The Joel in the trailer is just a shadow, what Ellie remembers talking to her ala Joker in the Arkham Knight. And she's trying to take revenge for Joels death. If that is true, the game will probably start with Joel dying in some way
Amazing how close you were.

I finished the game yesterday. My hats off to the devs. This game was simply fucking amazing and I love it how raw and not giving a rats ass about stereotypes and norms. It tells you, much like the characters, that it doesnt give a fuck what you think. Its radically brutally honest.

The plot and gameplay decisions in deliberately making you control different sides of the story was genius. The game really plays with emotions, psychology and perspectives and blends it with gameplay in a way that it reminds me of Kojima's work. It knows someone is experiencing it and thus makes those decisions deliberately. It is subtle but the game has a personality that breaks the 4th wall subtly

The game doesnt care about what you want to see. It makes sure that every character is just as important as the ones you are controlling, no matter which side. Everyone has a story and personal weight to carry. TLOUS world/reality is the real protagonist and everyone else is forcibly playing in it, fighting with their demons, the elements of nature and each other to survive. And thus they get entangled into each others story, creating and facing their world's karma.

The game is filled with symbolism and makes the player observe and face his own faults, judgements, perception and wrong expectations. It is in some ways the MGS2 of our recent time which was hated for unexpectedly controlling someone else, for a plot that goes deeper than what most players want, and puts them in a position of self criticism.

Its a perfect 10 for me because this is not trying to be just a game. It is unique and provocative.

It treats itself as a serious medium of story telling up there with literature snd movies in a way that can only be done in a videogame

Last edited:
It's a great game, no doubt. My problem with it is that over the last couple of years I experienced some personal struggles, typically connected with aging, economic pressure, death and health problems among the members of my family etc. and I am not enjoying such grim themes anymore. It is simply too depressing.
It is not niche game, it is a mainstream, blockbuster title and it should me more fun, more enjoyable.

Last edited:
It's a great game, no doubt. My problem with it is that over the last couple of years I experienced some personal stuggles, typically connected with aging, ecenomic pressure, death and health problems among the members of my family etc. and I am not enjoying such grim themes anymore. It is simply too depressing.
It is not niche game, it is a mainstream, blockbuster title and it should me more fun, more enjoyable.
Yeah it is not everyone's cup of tea. It did affect me psychologically too. Regardless, there are no rules about whats "appropriate" and whats not as long as it is done with quality.
Horror or psychological stories in movies, games and literature exist in general and people watch, play or read them even if they are not made to generate the happy feeling.
People consume different creations to feel and some prefer happy feelings, others prefer andrenaline rush, others prefer horror etc.
Not everything has to be the same or target everyone. This game consiously chose this route and there is nothing wrong with it. There is no "rule" about how a mainstream game should be like.
Being sold as a mainstream and yet being brave enough to expose people to such themes is very welcome. The game never tried to sell itself as a happy game and then gave us something else. It prepared us with the first. It was also controversial. So I think it evolved appropriately from where the first left of.

It's a great game, no doubt. My problem with it is that over the last couple of years I experienced some personal stuggles, typically connected with aging, ecenomic pressure, death and health problems among the members of my family etc. and I am not enjoying such grim themes anymore. It is simply too depressing.
Interesting point of view tough we have to remember nd also made u4 last gen which for sure was less depressing ;)

Interesting point of view tough we have to remember nd also made u4 last gen which for sure was less depressing ;)
Yeah, but bit generic too (explosion/gunfight/couple oneliners on repeat). Don't get me wrong - Uncharted is very good, especially part 2, but I like more mature content - IMHO TLOU part one nailed it with perfect balance of drama/humour/action/emotions/horror. Playing part II I felt really sad, depressed even, especially that at some point it was obvious that there is no good outcome for any of main characters. There was no hope. No rest for the wicked.

Last edited:
Playing part II i felt really sad, depressed even, especially that at some point it was obvious that there is no good outcome for any of main characters. There was no hope. No rest for the wicked.

Abit like MGS1 then. It had a very sad end, accompanying this end theme/track. One of the most emotional gaming experiences to me.

Yeah, but bit generic too (explosion/gunfight/couple oneliners on repeat). Don't get me wrong - Uncharted is very good, especially part 2, but I like more mature content - IMHO TLOU part one nailed it with perfect balance of drama/humour/action/emotions/horror. Playing part II I felt really sad, depressed even, especially that at some point it was obvious that there is no good outcome for any of main characters. There was no hope. No rest for the wicked.
I also preferr more mature content and imo u4 was more mature than previous chapters (thats why is my fav in series). Yeah lou2 is brutal and psychologicaly demanding game, still one of best I played.

Back