The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ Judging by the result from the trailer this is very effective. I'm more impressed by how well animated the hand and guitar strings are though :yep2:

^ Judging by the result from the trailer this is very effective. I'm more impressed by how well animated the hand and guitar strings are though :yep2:
Yeah They are perfectionist to the true sense. They try to go into the thin details as much as possible. A hand playing a guitar and the strings vibrating, I am sure require crazy work. Even her fingers convincingly touch the strings and slightly tilt to certain angles when they find an "obstacle".
In the video above you can see also that it is not just her face that moves but also the muscles under the face.
Its nuts.
They arent thinking in terms of what doesnt require lots of work or what they think they can do and adjust their cut scenes and gameplay to those. They think first "this is what we would like to see" or "this is how reality works" and they do it no matter how hard it is. The only limitation to their work is only the hardware limitations

This looks insane, like wow the amount of improvements made since UC4 and LL are stupendous. Lighting, character models, skin deformation and shaders are so good it looks like a CGI film. Apparently this is the next evolution of Naughty Dog engine.
Also Pro captures.
image_the_last_of_us_part_ii-37023-3757_0004.jpg

image_the_last_of_us_part_ii-37023-3757_0003.jpg

The rest can be seen here.
http://gamersyde.com/news_pgw_the_last_of_us_2_trailer-19643_en.html

The scene is intense, and yes, shows extreme brutality. I guess this was the intention.

Detroit trailer had much more impact on me, regarding “brutality”. Although not really as explicit...

The scene is intense, and yes, shows extreme brutality. I guess this was the intention.

Detroit trailer had much more impact on me, regarding “brutality”. Although not really as explicit...
That Detroit trailer with the little girl - amazing. That got through to me a lot more than anything else on show. Can't wait to play that, even knowing it will be 'one of those' Heavy Rain kind of games.

Your honour, I wish to remind the court that Uncharted 4 initially "targeted" 60fps bit was then paired back as oft happens with game development.

I rest my case. :yep2: Interesting story trailer but it does nothing to sell me on the game, unlike the unexpected 2016 PlayStation Expo reveal. Because TLoU is Joel and Ellie. :yes:

Your honour, I wish to remind the court that Uncharted 4 initially "targeted" 60fps bit was then paired back as oft happens with game development.

I rest my case. :yep2: Interesting story trailer but it does nothing to sell me on the game, unlike the unexpected 2016 PlayStation Expo reveal. Because TLoU is Joel and Ellie. :yes:
Well I mean UC4's initial reveal trailer was made based on PS4 targeted hardware and having not had much experience on the actual PS4 hardware, ND eventually had to pair it down. But since then we had the release of UC4 and TLL and more importantly the Pro, this kind of leap should be within the realm of possibility:). This is still a real time cutscene tho, so I expect the actual gameplay to be slightly less impressive.

Impressive stuff but I'd wager 99% of gamers just don't notice these details in gameplay.

Isn't the saying, "it's the little things" :p Once you hit the uncanny valley though, it's that 1% that changes everything.

It is very impressive because the character are a little bit stylised and not fully photorealist but realistically enough and the and motion so good, it is very natural and I can understand propeller disturbed by the violence.

These details will not be present in gameplay rendering when shaders and physics are simplified.

If realtime cutscene looks much better there is a chance gameplay looks better than UC4... Imo UC TLL was already a bit more impressive on visual side than UC4.

The seamless transition between cutscene and gameplay in both UC4 and LL bodes well for this. Seeing TLOU 2 cutscene cuts straight into gameplay would be something else.

Back