The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh my oh my, looks stunning in 2160p !!

Now I really have to get a 4K TV in... 2 years from now ?

(played it on my 5K iMac if case you wonder)

Oh yes, this game will have to be played on a new TV...it will look amazing!

My only comment would be 2 years? I mean, that'll be 2018, 5 years after the PS4 launch...hopefully it'll be sooner

There's no way this is out in 2017. My guess is 2018, maybe early 2019.

Neil Druckmann was asked about launch date, he said something like "We do have an idea when it's coming out, but we learned to refrain from saying until we are sure". The crowd laughed :LOL:

I think the presentation was maybe on PS4 pro.

The frame grab are 4k it is PS4 pro.

Same things for Knack 2 it is way to clean to be on OG PS4 or PS4 Slim.

Aww ND you beautiful son of a B****:) you did it. Trailer is just what I've expected, dark, moss laden, improved graphics and a pissed off Ellie showing once again how powerful and emotional the series can get.
I always felt like there's a lot more to be explored between Joel and Ellie in their forthcoming years especially when the girl is all grown up, some serious event could lead to something like this:
untitledhrs4s.jpg

1:1 pixel crop from the gamersyde version

elliecas05.png

Edit: Watching the high bitrate feed, there's enough "wrong" with the trailer to confirm this is indeed running in real-time. The Ps4Pro is definitely capable of living up to that 4k feed.

Last edited:
Wasn't Joel the one coming up to her at the end of the trailer?

My take on why Ellie is killing the fireflies

After what happened in the first game they hunted and killed Joel. The Joel in the trailer is just a shadow, what Ellie remembers talking to her ala Joker in the Arkham Knight. And she's trying to take revenge for Joels death. If that is true, the game will probably start with Joel dying in some way

Just a guess, but it's the only reasonable explanation for Ellie going on a rampage. The theme is also about "Hate" according to Neil so that'd make sense.

They said it was running on a Ps4, not the Pro.

This screenshot from Gamersyde does not look like it is taken from a standard PlayStation 4 as they said.

1:1 pixel crop from the gamersyde version

Edit: Watching the high bitrate feed, there's enough "wrong" with the trailer to confirm this is indeed running in real-time. The Ps4Pro is definitely capable of living up to that 4k feed.

It just means it is runnning on a realtime game engine. Prerendered videos from gaming engines often have errors too. Just look at the Deep Down reveal.

This screenshot from Gamersyde does not look like it is taken from a standard PlayStation 4 as they said.

It just means it is runnning on a realtime game engine. Prerendered videos from gaming engines often have errors too.

The trailer is on PS4 Pro. It is 4k on Gamersyde like The Death Stranding trailer on youtube...

It is not the PS4 version and it is 4k too on the official youtube...

All The other trailer are 1080p...

Probably my most anticipated game in history. They can't fuck this up.

They can. I really hope they don't.

As to the theories on Joel's fate. I can't see ND basing the sequel on one half the duo. You know there is going to be two people and removing one of the original duo just for a motivation would seem a little ridiculous. It's clearly a few years on. Maybe Tommy is dead. Maybe Ellie found somebody else and she died. Motivation for hate is where you find it.

The Last of Us 2 with Ellie but no Joel (even in Obi-wan afterlife mode)? :nope:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way this is out in 2017. My guess is 2018, maybe early 2019.
I think it will be disappointing, we will be all talking about PS5 by then. By comparison ND had released 3 fully fledged titles on PS3 (with LoU on it's way) which was notoriously difficult to program for...I thought Cerny was talking about shorter programming times this gen, U4 took some time but I thought when the ND engine was complete we might see games a bit quicker than 2 years apart.

Last edited:
It just means it is runnning on a realtime game engine. Prerendered videos from gaming engines often have errors too. Just look at the Deep Down reveal.

Idk, this doesn't look like native 4k to me (despite the clean IQ): https://abload.de/img/1kws4w.jpg

Which begs the question, if they were going to shoot an in-engine trailer at 4k why wouldn't they do it at a native resolution?

Last edited:
Idk, this doesn't look like native 4k to me (despite the clean IQ): https://abload.de/img/1kws4w.jpg

Which begs the question, if they were going to shoot an in-engine trailer at 4k why wouldn't do it at a native resolution?
I am pretty sure that's native 4K, at least vertically, just looking at the box mail. But it could be checkerboard 4K

There is some CA that make it blurrier though.

Back