The Last Guy (SCEJ)

I have read that the Japan release only has 3 cities while the full version has 14.

The Last Guy will also make its way to Europe this month: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/tag/the-last-guy

No news for US yet
:( :( :(

The original $500 yen JP version was 1 city, Asakusa. It was just 3 versions of it, each opening up the area some more. There is a $2000 yen version up now that should be the same as the US one.

I have no real interest in buying the full game though. And I don't know why it is more expensive than Eden, Bionic Commando, Quest for Booty.

I saw the demo was in the US PSN, did anyone get a chance to play it yet? Thoughts?

Been waiting for it !

I played it 3 times and liked it. It's deeper than I thought (because you have power-ups and special moves). I was expecting something very simple like Snake and Pacman.

It's not PixelJunkies or Quest for Booty, but it brought a smile to my face. Don't know how much it'd cost in US. I will buy it if it's priced right. Go ahead and try the demo yourself.

Scored 9/10 from IGN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/905/905778p1.html).
Cost US$9.99. Coming tomorrow to US PSN.

Hope this encourages more Asian developers on board.

The 3/10 for Super Rub-a-dub forever crushed any trust I had in IGN reviews (and many other sites :p). Fortunately I thought the demo in the US store was quite entertaining. Speaking of which, did anyone see the IGN video review? That was fairly hilarious!

I'm sure it's a Japanese game not SCEE, all the first shots where from the Japanese Playstation site.

The demo was a lot of fun and only goes to show you don't need to make the most amazing game in the World for it to be a hell of a lot of fun. Definite purchase when it come onto the UK PSN for me.

The game is fun ! I find it funnier coz they keep speaking things in Hindi and I can understand Hindi.

When you start the game, he says," The last guy, ready to go!!!"
similarly there's a dialogue for death but it is funny only in hindi, in english it would translate to a simple," and this is how the Last guy died!". But it is very funny in Hindi :LOL: !
Also, when you finish the demo and they list the features in the full game, some guy keeps shouting," i was just joking, yaar! " Yaar means buddy or friend!

Its funny !

I'm on the 4th map now (Berlin). The game is quite varied in its gameplay actually, and still not easy. It's a surprisingly good game in the traditional sense, although difficulty progression is a bit hard in that you have all these abilities and the game doesn't really teach them to you - you have to discover them yourself, and it takes a while to master them. From map 3 onwards, using your abilities to control the crowd, sprint and detect humans becomes pretty important. They could really have spaced the game more evenly I think, creating more levels and a smoother progression. Hopefully that doesn't get in the way of the game too much - for my wife, it would have been helpful.

Other than that though, fun game! The monster in Berlin really mixes things up - though again, I feel that it could have waited a few levels before appearing. It does make replaying levels fun though, not to mention all the VIPs and getting maximum people in record time and such. But like Elefunk, the difficulty and complexity goes up a bit too soon imho.

Question. Are there different maps depending on region? I have the American one and the first three maps are in the Americas...

I have Europe, and first three are in the Americas too (Santa Fe, Washington, etc.), so I don't think there's a difference. Fourth map is Berlin.

Back