The intersection of the set of good looking women and the set of intelligent women

mcsven

Newcomer
How big is it?

We've recently got two new female engineers in my team. Both are... well, not really of the calibre we (i.e. me and the other lads) were looking for in the image quality department, if you know what I mean. Sigh. I should have known better than joining the oil industry... there are no bloody women.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Is the 3D graphics industry swarming with hotties?

Both are... well, not really of the calibre we (i.e. me and the other lads) were looking for in the image quality department, if you know what I mean.
If it's any consolation, they probably were thinking exactly the same thing. Now (showing my age) how did that song go?...
She looked me up and down, then she put me in my place.
She said "Nice legs, shame about the face"

Simon F said:
If it's any consolation, they probably were thinking exactly the same thing.
lol, fair point. The only thing I can say in defense is that in the quality vs. quantity trade-off, at least they've got quantity!

I've known many hot smart girls, but I'm in High School so maybe they haven't hit the wall yet. All of their older sisters have gotten a little heavy, in good areas but goat cheese probably.

Well, I can only speak for astrophysics. I've known one or two who are both smart and cute, but they're pretty rare. Typically they leave astrophysics pretty damned quickly and go do something less male-o-centric.

nintenho said:
I've known many hot smart girls, but I'm in High School so maybe they haven't hit the wall yet. All of their older sisters have gotten a little heavy, in good areas but goat cheese probably.
I call this the Aberdeen Paradox: The propensity for good looking young girls to morph into overweight monsters. You'd have to see it to believe it. :smile:

There are very few hot AND smart girls out there regardless of the profession. And they're all nutz and out of control just the same. Same goes for men, but since men's looks are rather secondary, we've just been luckier to be able to get away with looking bad. Not like we're any smarter either, but at least we mostly know what we're doing and why.

I say go for intelligent women, if you're into (and upto...) that, and otherwise, just women with great character. It's much easier to associate their looks with their intelligence and great character to the point where you start to like their looks because of their great character and intelligence, than the other way around. Especially when you consider a long(er) term relationship ...

And obviously, when you are setting high goals for your potential SO, make sure you meet those high goals yourself.

Back