The Intel Execution in [2024]

„Intel on Tuesday released CM Compiler 1.0.119 as their LLVM-based open-source compiler […] The new Intel CM Compiler 1.0.119 release adds in platform support for Rocket Lake, Alder Lake, DG2 / Alchemist, PVC, and PVC XT.“
https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-CM-1.0.119
15December 2021

Intel Arc A770 release date:
12 October 2022

Ponte Vecchio release date:
Jan 10th, 2023

„Intel on Tuesday released CM Compiler 1.0.119 as their LLVM-based open-source compiler […] The new Intel CM Compiler 1.0.119 release adds in platform support for Rocket Lake, Alder Lake, DG2 / Alchemist, PVC, and PVC XT.“
https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-CM-1.0.119
15December 2021

Intel Arc A770 release date:
12 October 2022

Ponte Vecchio release date:
Jan 10th, 2023
Yet both Rocket and Alder Lake were released before that (March 21, Oct 21), so can't really draw conclusions on how long after something gets released

and yet you do :mrgreen:

kind of irony, don´t you think ?
You might want to re-read what I wrote.
I didn't say anything about when it might get released, just that the previously mentioned "nowhere to be seen GPU" has made an appearance.

Intel-GPUs-Rumor.png

Intel has had an incredible run of missteps and execution failures. Hopefully IFS works out for them but I wouldn’t count on it.

Intel has had an incredible run of missteps and execution failures. Hopefully IFS works out for them but I wouldn’t count on it.
When you look at their recent CapEX, they don't have too much of a choice... and it's very risky

It’s The End of Road For Intel’s Ponte Vecchio GPU, Company Now Focused On Falcon Shores Development

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-s...io-gpu-focuses-on-gaudi-2-3-and-falcon-shores

I am really wonder how Falcon Shores will fare against it´s competitors

View attachment 11299
Falcon Shores will be competing against the AMD MI400 and Nvidia Rubin. Doubt Intel will catch up given the track record.

They've basically ceded the high end of the datacenter market to AMD and Nvidia. They're still doing well in client and that should continue at least.

Several Intel presentations at Hot Chips 2024:

Monday 26th August:

Lunar Lake: 16th Gen Intel Core processor - Arik Gihon, Intel
Built for the Edge: The next generation Granite Rapids D - Praveen Mosur, Intel
Tiny Architecture Optimizations Impact Massively Scaled GenAI Systems - Shardul Brahmbhatt, Intel

Tuesday 27th August:

4 Tbit/s Optical Compute Interconnect Chiplet for XPU-to-XPU Connectivity - Saeed Fathololoumi, Intel

Lunar Lake is ultimately just using the same general CPU cores that Arrow Lake is, right?

Seems the biggest differences will be lower power limit, on package LP memory, less tiles, TSMC 3nm, and 2nd gen Xe GPU architecture?

Lunar Lake is ultimately just using the same general CPU cores that Arrow Lake is, right?

Seems the biggest differences will be lower power limit, on package LP memory, less tiles, TSMC 3nm, and 2nd gen Xe GPU architecture?

Arrowlake will seemingly have the 2nd gen Xe arch as well. Lunar Lake is limited to 4 P cores, so its essentially limited to U series CPUs only. It's basically built for battery life. If you want higher performance you'll have to look at Arrow Lake or Strix.

new detail about Lunar Lake CPU emerges, particular Skymont core , which is new version of so called e - cores.

N3B TSCM process
N6 SoC tile
decode is now 9 - wide
8 - wide execution
double digit IPC over Crestmont arch.
first laptop - October

GO0at7hbQAAuJZ4-1536x890.jpg

Last edited:
Back