The Full TEKKEN 6 trailer.

heavenlyglory said:

Saying this footage is unimpressive would be redundant; it is self-evident. Sony's hype machine showed us a beautiful, intricate, sweating character model (forget the name, guy is also shown in this video), so intricate that we could see skin pores, hairs, using sub-surface scattering for an accurate skin tone. What we get (Jin maybe?) is flat-lighting, shiny, yellow skin, low polygons (look at the arms...specifically the biceps), hair no better than DOA4, and shiny pants. Considering this is one of their premiere IP's, I have to say to Sony: Wtf were you thinking? This is almost as bad as Microsoft's Shadowrun letdown. Hope it improves between now and launch.

Once again, Sony are accountable for everything on their machine. If a dev writes a turkey, it's Sony's fault. Truth is, Namco created the spec-render, and Namco failed to deliver. If you want to believe that's because the specs Sony provided were phony, go ahead. But then check out some of what the other devs are doing and see just how close they get to some of those concept renders from E3 '05...

There's still time for it to look less sucky by 07, but at this point that definitely isn't very impressive.

Shifty Geezer said:
Once again, Sony are accountable for everything on their machine. If a dev writes a turkey, it's Sony's fault. Truth is, Namco created the spec-render, and Namco failed to deliver. If you want to believe that's because the specs Sony provided were phony, go ahead. But then check out some of what the other devs are doing and see just how close they get to some of those concept renders from E3 '05...
Is it Microsofts fault that frame city killer looked like ass? I'm not sure I get what your saying.

Shifty Geezer said:

I think the only thing that was the same level of quality from last E3 is Heavenly Sword everything else took a step down or didn't show up. maybe you are thinkg about TGS

About the game, maybe Namco is just falling off it seems all of their next gen efforts are lacking

Shark Sandwich said:
To be fair, that video is pretty crappy. It's too grainy and washed out to make any serious comments about the graphics at this point.

I agree..but all screenshots from this trailer shows that its apparently the Tekken 5 engine.

My initial reaction is that its just a total mock-representation..but I dunno why they would make a *4 minute* in-game/gameplay video for something that wouldnt remotely represent what the game would be/look like..

Seems like they wasted alot of polys and textures on the overall environment, of course its just a trailer so it could be forgiven. but this is Tekken, you will basically be put into an arena type setting, why show stuff you would never see in gameplay. so either tekken 6 will have huge enviroments this time (and i mean huge, as in full towns), or this is pretty much not a representation of what we will see. I think the latter.

I think this game could look pretty impressive, if they put more detail into the "arena" and not the town around the arena, and only had 2 people fighting. So basically what I am saying, I expect the final game to look alot better than this, I just hope they get the shading/skin/lighting right.

Shifty Geezer said:

Oh get your head out of your ass, so I made a mistake. Replace Sony with Namco. This game is a MAJOR title for Namco, but also a major seller for Sony and the Playstation brand. Does anyone disagree that this looks dissapointing? They were promising us so much last E3, I find the state of this build hillarious. As I said, I HOPE it gets better. It would be more games for me to play.

Tekken6 is probably the ugliest PS3 game shown to date. Id like to see some real effort put into it. Even if Namco have shown a lower quality CG last year looking as good as DOA4's in game graphics this demonstration would still look super ugly.
It would have been better if they didnt show anything at all. This is a lazy work. Is it so hard for Namco to understand it doesnt deserve showing?
TTT on PS2 has much better lighting and effects than this monstrosity. Apart from lower polygon models T5 kick's Tekken6's ass. Jesus!
They handed Tekken6 to the bandai team? I cant believe they nade Tekken6 like this

Give them some time....Namco is one of few capable developers who can put out some of the best efforts..given the time they have before they actually launch the game..

They probably had to show Tekken 6 in some form for E3 even though they weren't ready..even though it doesn't look anything close to "next-gen" look we have been expecting...to tell people that it exists and being developed.

JasonLD said:
Give them some time....Namco is one of few capable developers who can put out some of the best efforts..given the time they have before they actually launch the game..

They probably had to show Tekken 6 in some form for E3 even though they weren't ready..even though it doesn't look anything close to "next-gen" look we have been expecting...to tell people that it exists and being developed.

Well they sure caused more negative reactions now than if they didnt tell people it exists and is being developed at the moment :LOL:

Nesh said:
Well they sure caused more negative reactions now than if they didnt tell people it exists and is being developed at the moment :LOL:

Well, yeah...while I really believe they are capable of producing great games...they seems to be in slump...with Frame City being canned and all...but I think Tekken 6 might actually look fine when it comes around TGS.

I'm pretty sure that Tekken 6 will eventually look good, and the reason that it looked so bad now, is because it's so early in development, maybe it has just started I dunno...
I think they shouldn't have shown that material though, as it looks like crap. The action in itself was pretty good, but the graphical quality just let the whole thing down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Evil said:
I'm pretty sure too that Tekken 6 will eventually look good, and the reason that it looked so bad now, is because it's so early in development,
And also because last E3 the Tekken promo vid looked so damned good. Namco raised everyone's expectations and then failed to deliver.

Back