The definitive console specs thread.

Actaully I asked him about that interview and if that's where he got the info and he said it says 8 pipelines in the sdk. He also said that he thinks the interview was not 100% bs because both Nintendo and Ubisoft's lawyers had the story pulled. Not the OP.

I dunno I think it most likely really does have 8 pipelines but I still think the easyninteno article was bs.

He also sent me the link to the sdk

Mod: posting links to illegal torrents is not a peccadillo

Do you even know what a Pipeline is? 8 Pipelines is horrible. And you've been saying we will eventually get games looking as good as Gears of War.

I'm here to tell you right now, that with 8 pipelines at a 247mhz core clock, you are going no where. Specially when the video card doesn't support Shader Model 3.0 equivalence, and barely supports Shader Model 2.0...

Even if he has the link to the SDK, which he could have easily found on the internet, he has no proof, or might I say you... That what he is saying are facts.

I also remember you saying (This guy trolls the IGN Forums) That the Wii's GPU was equivalent to a X1600 Pro. Why did you remove that part? Did I make you look like a big enough fool that you decided to remove it because it would damage your non-existant crediblity?

If anything 8 Pipelines (Which could be misinterpreted by you 4 Shaders 4 Textures or 8:4) Since R300 Chipsets only include 1TMU per pipeline I would have high doubts that Wii would be able to do High resolution textures and the pixel and vertex shading as Gears of war does ever. I'm sick of reading such misinformative posts. Atleast here I know people won't take you seriously since they are educated :|

Broadway is roughly as powerful as one 360 core? I REALLY find that hard to swallow.

"Some" of the GPU stuff seems at least moderately believable, though.

Broadway is roughly as powerful as one 360 core? I REALLY find that hard to swallow.

"Some" of the GPU stuff seems at least moderately believable, though.

There is one way I can see it could happen - It says "PPC benchmark (on linux)" - all PPC's, including Broadway but excluding Xenon & Cell, are OoOE cores, Xenon & Cell IOE. Of course, that has nothing to do with real world performance in software you develop for your platform, but for general "PPC benchmark" which is definately, if such exists, made for OoOE CPU's, could show such bizarre results.

The WiiCPU is equivalent to a 1.3GHz PIII. From what I could remember the PPE in PS3/X360 is equivalent to a 2GHz P4.

didnt capcom say that a single core in 360 is slightly slower than a 3.2 ghz p4? so multiply that by 3 and its pretty much on par with an e6600/6700?

The WiiCPU is equivalent to a 1.3GHz PIII. From what I could remember the PPE in PS3/X360 is equivalent to a 2GHz P4.

Interesting. I read that PS2 was supposed to be about 600 Mhz Pentium 3.

Actually, wait what does all this mean? Need to be put into context and all. :p

It means absolutely nothing. Nobody with any interest or insight in processor performance would pull such bone-headed comparisons.
The article is just random forum pickings wrapped in perceived "agreeable" tid-bits to make it seem more plausible. There is nothing new in that article, we all had it here already, but minus the wrong interpretations due to lack of perspective and understanding.

It's like Fuad describing the Wii from memory, after reading through the titanic Wii thread once: he can repeat a few things but he didn't really understand anything.

These equivalence figures that everyone is throwing around are complete nonsense. 724mhz Wii CPU vs 2.5ghz P4 running Mandlerbot with 2 midgets blasting hair dryers at the memory with 3 sticks of experimental peptide ram and outputting raycasted, Infinite Plane HS rasterized self-shadowed boobs compared to a X360 CPU running in tandem with a 3 PS3 networked server rendering the hillside of the Shire...

None of us have these benchmarks, or the dev kits to run them on. The benchies so far seem to put console cpu's in situations not really meant for console CPU's. How many iterations of mandlerbot the PS3 can render/sec as compared to X360 is really only good for saying HM, look at the performance improvements we can get from running the code this way and not this other way. The x360 CPU is equivalent to 3 PPE's and the PS3 CPU is equivalent to 1 6SPU cell.

(midgets and boobs can make anything funny)

Back