The Big Forza 2 Thread *

In Forza 2, turning off ABS forces you to learn the exact limit of your available traction and therefore teaches when and how much to brake going into a given corner. In the long run this makes you a more-skilled and faster driver. Since there are no RL consequences to a trip off the tarmac and into the dirt/grass and/or wall it's actually worth it IMO to suffer through the initial adjustment period and the eventual occasional misjudging of a turn as the end result is that you will be better at the game.

I agree with you that you'll be a better driver in F2 in the long run if you disable ABS. The problem is that as you go through career mode you drive many different cars with wildly varying tire/brake/brake pressures . So the point of lock-up is different almost for every single race, which significantly increases the difficulty of driving wihtout ABS, IMO.

Once you start playing online you usually only have a few cars in each class for the various tracks and fine tuning brakes (amongst other things) is much more manageable, - or even necessary.

Cheers

Have been playing without all assists for about last 20 races. I had to lower the AI to the lowest so that I can freely run the cars and still earn those achievements.

Much more fun, more challenging and rewarding as well.

Seems when I eventually move from Forza to Gran Turismo I will follow the same trend.

Make sure you check out the auction house when you go online. It's one of the coolest features I think I have ever seen in a video game. The cars people create are simply amazing.

I have just started to play Forza 2 and I absolutely love it and I really really suck at racing games which is why it took me so long to even pop this one in. I haven't even thought about going online and I don't think I will until I learn how to use my wireless wheel.

I know what it is about racers that I previously despised and it was the sheer lack of explaining what the hell all the adjustments can do the 'press Y' helped, but I would prefer if there were videos similar to the Start demo loop vids.

Check the forzamotorsport.net site you can find some details for the tracks and setting of the cars.
Good race! :)

Check the forzamotorsport.net site you can find some details for the tracks and setting of the cars.
Good race! :)

Also check the online scoreboards from within Forza 2. Many top-drivers has activated upload of their setup, which you can then download. Great for picking up pointers on how to set up your cars to your liking.

Back