The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2017 edition

Does anyone know how long the conference is gonna be? 90 min would be ideal. Man I want a GOW tease already, how am I suppose to sleep tonight?

Too bad I won't watch it live cause it's in the middle of the night where I live. Anyway Sony will present some huge games unlike ms .

I hope we'll see at least something from Sony for the VR headset. And by something I don't mean a blink-and-you'll-miss-it credit plug for Santa Monica Studios on yet another indie title.

Will we see anything hardware related? Remember a rumor a while ago of a slimmer PS4 Pro. Not sure how legit it was...

There's no need for showing new hardware in 2017. IMO Sony released too much new hardware in 2016 with the PS4 Pro practically overlapping the PSVR.

The only new hardware I want to see from Sony until PS5's release is:

1 - PS4 Go. I still think this is be the best idea ever if 7nm and HBM Low-cost allow it. Though most probably not possible in 2017.

2 - A revised PSVR processing unit (and make it available for current PSVR owners for a reasonable price BTW).
Really, the fact that I have to crouch and bend my back to change all the PS4 <-> PSVR <-> TV cables when alternating between playing VR and HDR TV titles is simply very stupid, Sony.
It's equally stupid that the PSVR PU needs to have its fan turned on while on standby, and if you turn it off completely then there's no image passthrough to the TV.
That implementation is bad and you should feel bad, Sony.

I'm expecting victory lap type E3 from sony. Trumpet units sold, show old games again and wow with the already known new games like god of war, gran turismo, new uncharted,...

I'm not expecting anything new or megaton. Probably fairly boring show ahead. Biggest thing I can imagine would be pricedrops to keep the momentum going and add some more pressure towards microsoft.

I would not be surprised if there was push towards casual titles to attract the non core gamers. this would benefit a lot from 199$ basemodel.

what I would hope for would be dlc for horizon and a killer app/game for vr.

I hope we'll see at least something from Sony for the VR headset. And by something I don't mean a blink-and-you'll-miss-it credit plug for Santa Monica Studios on yet another indie title.

They announce Honey Select (DO NOT GOOGLE THIS IF YOU ARE AT WORK, extremely NSFW) is coming to PSVR. :p

Regards,
SB

I honestly have no idea what to expect other than release dates or more footage from games already announced last year.

The rumor mongers have been really incompetent this year.

Whatever it is, it can't be worse than MS conference (which I didn't think was bad, just a bit lackluster). They already did their financial numbers thing prior to E3, so that shouldn't derail their conference.

Regards,
SB

One thing I have noticed with the press conferences this year is there hasn't been too much "bring this person on stage to chat extensively about what they are working on"...I hope Sony follows this trend. Keep it moving with trailers and most importantly gameplay.

Sony's pre-show giving MS's conference a run for their money. :p

Seriously though, they're showing more than I thought.

Watching the youtube stream as the twitch stream had buffering issues and stutters for me.

Back