TEXAN*s SEGA enthusiast thread - past and future hardware choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the only console they released. They re-released their megadrive with games preinstalled in the machine itself which also accepts cartridges. They also released a handheld version of it at very low cost which also has games preinstalled but can not play any other games.

This one is nothing more than another version with more games and some motion sensors

I didn't really expect yes and maybe I'm wrong, but this "SEGA testing waters" and the talk in the tech thread about ray tracing and global illumination is similar to what was recently mentioned at Texan's site. It makes you seem a lot like Texan to my Hercule Poirot mustaches.

If it's an integrated design and not a a PC tower like Lindbergh and RingEdge then I think it'll be safe to say that SEGA has "other" plans for the hardware.

Lindbergh and RingEdge were basically PC towers because there weren't to be any mass produced consoles to be based off them.

Thus the cost off developing a chipset made no sense.

If it's an integrated design and not a a PC tower like Lindbergh and RingEdge then I think it'll be safe to say that SEGA has "other" plans for the hardware.

Lindbergh and RingEdge were basically PC towers because there weren't to be any mass produced consoles to be based off them.

Thus the cost off developing a chipset made no sense.

:LOL:

SEGA are not going to re-enter the mass produced console business.

The DC lost because of Sega's history (the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn) and because of marketing, as well as the PS2's hype. The Dreamcast hardware was largely okay, and hardware never makes a console more successful. I think Sega could still be around today had they held onto the Saturn a lot longer, reduced the price of the hardware, struck deals with 3rd parties, and made some better 1st party efforts. Panzer Dragoon Saga looked as good as anything the PS1 offered at the time.

The DC lost because of Sega's history (the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn) and because of marketing, as well as the PS2's hype. The Dreamcast hardware was largely okay, and hardware never makes a console more successful. I think Sega could still be around today had they held onto the Saturn a lot longer, reduced the price of the hardware, struck deals with 3rd parties, and made some better 1st party efforts. Panzer Dragoon Saga looked as good as anything the PS1 offered at the time.

Right, in the FMV's the secondary characters do not even have arms, just hands almost attached to their clothes. And compare the town in Panzer Saga to MGS which came out in the same timeframe. Quite a difference to me....

I think it would have been impossible for Sega to stay longer with the Saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back