Test Drive Unlimited Demo is on the marketplace

kyleb

Veteran
...along with a whole mess of E3 demos. But I'd like to keep this thread on the topic of the demo, and apparently it is a limited time offer so better get it sooner than later.

It will probably take a while, marketplace servers seem to be getting hammered. I'm about 30 minutes in and just finially inched past 25% of the download which is less than 500mb.

I grabbed it as soon as I saw in on this morning (on vacation this week.....)

Looks nice, I'm having fun with it. Inside cockpit view ala PRG3 and the standard events (timed races, challenges with other drivers). You have three cars, Lambo, Shelby GT500 and Lotus to play with and the demo is timed as well.

They note that the demo is a "work in progress" and does not respresent final code.

Acutally I saw the game looks vsync fairly often and the graphics are rough in general. AI is pittiful as well from what I have seen, but at least the vechicle handling is solid and it looks like it could be very fun online if I can ever manage to get a spot on their servers.

Not a solid 60, that is for sure. It's hard to explain how it runs, the cutsceens do look like 60fps solid to me but in gameplay is a bit of a mess. It seems different elements of the graphics update at different rates, with the worst ofender I saw being the name and distance identifier over the oponents cars which is absurdly choppy. Hopefully all that will get a lot of attention before release.

i just tried it and i'm disapointed, to me PGR3 looks better, and the framerate is not stable, but the game is still far from being released...

Back