TES V: Skyrim

It's actually good to know that it is specifically what their eyes are seeing rather than just the fact that they're in proximity and facing a particular direction.

I have a simple idea.
How about next time they say
"Hey prisoner if you want to escape we have two options"
1) You start playing
2) They make you go through a bunch of BS all super slow and tedious to teach you how to walk, jump, etc....

Gah
It would not be that terrible hard.

Anyone having missing textures?
I get exclamation marks, for a menu...
It's the 3D exclamation mark that (at least in Oblivion) indicated that there are missing textures, or that the engine can't find them...
I can't find anything relevant on Google, it's such a common problem with mods, that I get only TESIV related results...

I have a simple idea.
How about next time they say
"Hey prisoner if you want to escape we have two options"
1) You start playing
2) They make you go through a bunch of BS all super slow and tedious to teach you how to walk, jump, etc....

Gah
It would not be that terrible hard.
I don't know about this one, but both TES4 and Fallout 3 auto-save on leaving the starting area, allowing you to just re-load that save to create a new character.

I don't know about this one, but both TES4 and Fallout 3 auto-save on leaving the starting area, allowing you to just re-load that save to create a new character.

Character creation works different in Skyrim and You choose everything after like 2-3 minutes of cut-scene and then there is 20 minutes tutorial.

It seems that you can't play with an xbox controller...
I guess those 300 hours of gameplay won't be as relaxed as I hoped for... :p

WTF? Seriously??? Thats a MAJOR dissapointment for me. I enjoyed Oblivion a lot more playing with the controller but it wasn't properly implemented and you had to continually switch between mouse and pad. I had assumed they would fix that in this day and age so I'm very disspaointed to hear they haven't.

Especially as I just got a new TV which I intend to use a lot more for PC gaming.

EDIT: I should have read on, sounds like this has been resolved afterall. As for the graphics comments, this is probably the one game where I actually don't care all that much about the graphics, as long as it matches Oblivion (which it seems to easily exceed) I'm happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to hear more about man from A's claim that you need a quadcore at 4.2ghz to play this game
as I've not heard anyone else complaining about not having enough cpu power

Not having that issue here. My rig is a Q9550 that runs at 3.6 daily, 8Gb of ram at 4-4-4-12 timings, and a 5850 that runs a moderate overclock. I opened the game, it detected "high" settings, I overrode it to Ultra settings but turned the AA back to 2x, and went in. NO issues to report so far, after five hours of gameplay.

Game is very enjoyable to me, thus far.

Honestly I think the game looks pretty nice. It is hugely improved over Oblivion and Fallout 3. The chunky environment shadows still add to the atmosphere compared to the static worlds of Fallout3/Oblivion. Model self shadowing is horribly nasty yet though lol.

I love the new TES art style - it has a pre-Oblivion feel to it. The look sure is far less sterile than Oblivion.

The voice acting is pretty cool. I recognize various voice actors but some I don't. Lots of nice accents going on.

Wow, OGSSAA + FXAA transformed game into quite beauty. Shadows are still quite crappy, but 'better' textures and no jaggies with crystal clear clarity really make art stand out.
BTW change Shadows quality to low, they look almost the same as high/ultra, but cut fps hard.

NNupc.jpg

YhFBB.jpg

I've applied most of the known .ini tweaks and I think the game looks pretty good. Not cutting edge, not as nice as Witcher 2, but definitely better than vanilla Oblivion. Needs a UI mod though, no doubt there.

The engine is so iterative of Gamebryo it's not even funny. Howard claiming they wrote a new renderer? Maybe his main programmers told him that and he's daft enough on the technical front to believe it, but the game certainly looks and feels like a Gamebryo title.

ATI SSAA works. Oh yeah. :)

And yes the shadows setting is a performance killer. I saw GPU utilization go from 65% to 100% with it on Ultra vs. Low and performance hit is considerable on my unlocked 6950.

screenshot2ay.png

It's the same engine clearly but wow it is looking a hell of a lot better these days. This is Ultra 1080p with 4X SSAA.

They've finally got forest friends that don't auto attack. I guess that's the Martigen Monster Mod guy's influence.

Decided to go mage for my first foray through the game. My daughter, 8yo now, insisted on helping me create a female breton named Sosanna. Probably spent 30 minutes tweaking her appearance, thanks to the concerns of a 2nd grader that every detail be duly considered.

Thank you sir! This is one of my A list features that almost never makes it into shipping games.

Unfortunately without motion blur and with crappy mouse implementation [seriously Bethesda wtf?] locking on 30 fps make a game unplayable for me ;\

I need to test locking it to 45, maybe it will be better.

Oh my, hit 3rd level and I'm dual wielding flames of destruction now in Bleak Falls Barrow. I think this perk system borrowed from Fallout is going to be really nice, though I still miss the stats.

Back