TES V: Skyrim

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1255692-skyrim-pc-ini-and-console-tweaks/

FOV of 60-70? Jesus, when will devs learn? I could play that for maybe 30-40 minutes before the headache goes into full stride.

My Amazon CE has been out for delivery since 5:13am, which means it'll show up around 5pm after sitting on a UPS truck for over 12 hours. We're apparently the neighborhood that's at the end of whatever route they use for this area. FedEx would have it here by late morning.

I was planning on picking this up last night, at a midnight launch. But my local Gamestop isn't able to do them, anymore, after police were called during the launch of MW3.

Thanks CoD fans.

FOV of 90-100 seems overkill in those shots. 75-80 seems better, IMHO.

8x MSAA
http://i.minus.com/i21w2gftg71IT.png?q=0.336330046744

2x MSAA + FXAA
http://i.minus.com/ibiKfLtkTFgTwj.png?q=0.294020369984

Actually if eliminate FXAA bluring, it would look better than 8x MSAA and it hold up really well in motion thanks to 2xMSAA.

And about Skyrim game is totally unoptimized and looks like crap. Textures and shaders are awful, shadows are even worse, UI is awful too, characters looks really bad [hair are comparable with Mass Effect 1!] and it runs bad, in first dungeon i have spikes to low 30 fps when nothing happens and constant to 40, it doesnt even feel that it runs in 60 fps when it runs in this fps.
There is no mouse sensitivity settings, no option to turn off v-sync and mouse acceleration [You need to tweak ini for that].

Game is good, but port is really crappy. Even Two Worlds 2 run better and looks better than Skyrim.
Ultra shadows and ultra textures.

UYAjl.jpg

2oGDF.jpg

B3O9Y.jpg

I really regret buying it day one, Bethesda doesnt deserve that.

It is Gamebryo, I don't know what you did expect? They worked on content, not tech.

well, the shadow and a lot of the assets could have been alot better.... forcing ssao on nvidia card makes the game looks better like I mention earlier.

IMHO, they need a new engine. The only other thing I can see is getting id to re-engineer Gamebryo so that for instance proper quality shadowing is achieved and not tacked on like it is now. Dunno which is the most realistic.

Hmm, why make excuses for them?
I'm not. I am just saying we knew this was essentially Gamebryo, so it's no wonder there's wonkyness. I wish they got a new engine, but that would probably mean the game would take 10 years to make.

10 years!? Why? Two Worlds II looks miles better than this game and it sure didn't take 10 years to make.

Hell Bethesda could simply redo the renderer using the same assets and it would look much much better.

10 years!? Why? Two Worlds II looks miles better than this game and it sure didn't take 10 years to make.

Hell Bethesda could simply redo the renderer using the same assets and it would look much much better.
I actually doubt they have the talent. id would have to step in from next door (metaphorically).

You're probably right. But they could still license a good engine from somebody else.

I won't be buying this game at full price. Matter of fact I'm done buying DX9 console ports at full price.

Gamebryo has always been an utter piece of shit when it comes to visuals/performance ratio. Anyway, IMO, Skyrim is still a beautiful game, and it runs decently on my rig. Not silky smooth, but fluid enough to not be jerky.

The UI is utter crap though. Can't switch between ranged weapon and melee without using the favorites menu, wtf? The mouse wheel has managed that task beautifully for like a decade and a half more or less now. The equipping of gear is also clumsy, the paper doll interface from Morrowind is better so you can SEE what you're wearing quickly and easily. This aspect is just plain bad and amateurish.

Looting everything from a corpse requires pushing a hard-coded button that can't be reconfigured. Okay for those playing with WASD setup, but I can't stand that. I always use arrow keys, and stretching across the keyboard for those buttons that can't be changed is a real pain in the you-know-what.

...At least I can harvest alchemical reagents without getting a loot window popping up. That's always an improvement! :)

...And I'm worried about the FOV too; I don't have a 16:9 monitor right now (stuck at 5:4 currently and hating it). It would suck to get a hugely zoomed-in view just because 16:9 is so wide compared to its height!

The UI is an ugly, ugly, UGLY bitch, but the game SEEMS solid enough, and the story appears engaging and exciting. I've probably not even fully finished the introduction (just had a quick go at it this morning before heading out for the day); I've not set my visuals, professions, skills, stats and so on. I assume I can still configure these things... :p I can't wait until I get strong enough to whoop some dragon butt! :LOL:

I finally played a bit of it and I dunno. I always liked the games so I am sure I can overlook the flaws that are still so in your face, but man I wish they would spend just a bit of time to fix it. Jeez.

Back