Tekken 8 [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

The game will be released next year, by the time its ready probably will be even better! But yeah looks very good now! HYPE

I fucking love the visuals, but I am still turned off by how hectic and all over the place the gameplay looks. It is as noisy as a 2D fighting game like Dragon Ball, Street Fighter or King of Fighters.
It used to have an element of semi-realism. But now it has passed the line and leans too much towards the supernatural. These guys could have been fighting against Goku
None of the trailers showed any of the movement in the Z axis either. Which is one of the franchises elements that give it an extra layer of strategic depth.

Last edited:
I fucking love the visuals, but I am still turned off by how hectic and all over the place the gameplay looks. It is as noisy as a 2D fighting game like Dragon Ball, Street Fighter or King of Fighters.
It used to have an element of semi-realism. But now it has passed the line and leans too much towards the supernatural. These guys could have been fighting against Goku
None of the trailers showed any of the movement in the Z axis either. Which is one of the franchises elements that give it an extra layer of strategic depth.
They show sidestepping. And let's be real, the fights have been DBZ esque for a long time now. Tekken 5 essentially made that the standard

They show sidestepping. And let's be real, the fights have been DBZ esque for a long time now. Tekken 5 essentially made that the standard
No they havent and I ve been playing the series since T2 to death and the difference is even bigger even compared to 7 which brought more imaginative characters.

A simple video comparison between a DBZ game and any Tekken makes it super obvious.

You barely had a proper experience with Tekken do you?

It is even super evident between this Jin and T7's Jin who is my main.

Last edited:
Deosnt even come close:

Even T7 doesnt come close
And here is one of my videos with Jin
And another one Jin vs Kazuya

T8 is closer to Tekken X Street Fighter
And Dragon Ball:

Jin has recognizable and realistic Karate style movesets even in 7. Tekken 8 is so hectic with so many flashy generic moves, and heavy effects that fill the screen that this element is lost.
8 focuses way too much on the heat dashes and offensive heavy effect attacks that it is resembling the 2D fightings games.

The reveal trailer looked more grounded than any of the trailers that came after it

Last edited:
Eh. At this point I don't care about nostalgia for older series. This game looks great
You made a claim that the game was DBZ since Tekken 5 which is utterly inaccurate.
Also this has nothing to do with nostalgia, but rather someone who has been experiencing the game from start till today and went deep into its gameplay mechanics.
Whether the game looks great or not is again not relevant to what is been discussed.
I myself agreed that the game looks great so thats not what has been argued. I pointed the art and gameplay is messy and doesnt feel like Tekken. The difference between you and me is that of someone who has experienced Tekken extensively and someone who hasn't.
Apparently your only concern are the visuals on the surface. You even called it 2D.

Whatever you say. It doesn't matter anymore. I don't have to prove how much or how long I have played Tekken to anyone

Back