Team Xbox World Airforce hands-on.

Brimstone

B3D Shockwave Rider
Veteran
It's a really short update. The video may have been released already on IGN and it's only 30 seconds long.

...It seems as though Taito is taking the proper approach with World Airforce by providing two separate types of play that will cater to both the arcade and simulation crowd. At this year’s Tokyo Game Show we had a chance to experience both.

The first thing that grabs you about World Airforce is its visuals. Often they require a double-take, just to make sure you aren’t viewing real-world footage. There was only an occasional moment when things looked slightly off kilter, primarily in the ground detail of the cityscape. It’s easily the best looking console flight sim to date and rivals any PC version on the market.

...Once again, the detail of the game is stunning, particular in the cockpit view. With the right stick acting as a POV camera, you are able to view the entire cockpit and even attempt to scan for the bogey that is coming up fast from behind. This is where a flight stick peripheral would be particularly sweet. We didn’t have a chance to see if the functionality of the transmission frequency dials, but this is the first console flight sim in which you can clearly read every instrument. Despite this, unfortunately, our demo ended abruptly with a crash and burn.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1192/World-Airforce/p2/

Shame the vid didn't show the plane getting closer to the ground. It all looked a bit like textures (apart from 3 buildings!).
But it looked smooth as hell and I liked the lighting on the plane itself - probably cos I don't game on a PC or Xbox(1) so ain't spoilt on the gfx front.

Not optimized.

slider said:
Shame the vid didn't show the plane getting closer to the ground. It all looked a bit like textures (apart from 3 buildings!).
But it looked smooth as hell and I liked the lighting on the plane itself - probably cos I don't game on a PC or Xbox(1) so ain't spoilt on the gfx front.

Maybe not yet optimized because it still looks not so different from Ace Combat 5. I think when released it will be much better.

Back