Superman is not very logical

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
If superman travels faster than the speed of light wouldn't that mean everytime he takes off he would burst into a black hole because his body couldn't support his mass?

I think these things are really stupid. If movie producers and cartoonists want to make a movie they should be following the rules of physics.
There should be laws in place to enforce that the laws of physics are followed to the letter.

Just to clarify, your complaining about screenwriters taking liberties with the laws of physics as they should pertain to a flying man

It's been a nice day today Kruno, warm, sunny, light winds, you should go outside and play.;)

Didn't he turn back time by flying around the earth? I dont think superman was very logical to begin with. Now Batman Begins, that was a logical superhero movie. And damn good at that. :D

We're talking about a big-bulged-blue-tights-red-cape-wearing alien who can also burn things with his eyes, see through walls and stuff (apart from lead), is invulnerable to almost everything and is only hurt by rocks from his native planet.... And is "good" whatever happens.

Not much logic here to go round is there.... Especially the dressing sense....

If he flies faster than light then wouldn't he travel back in time?

That leads to another question, if in future we travel to other galaxies at faster than light (so that we reach in time), would we reach there back in time? How would we reach there in "current" time?

:?:

Deepak said:
If he flies faster than light then wouldn't he travel back in time?

That leads to another question, if in future we travel to other galaxies at faster than light (so that we reach in time), would we reach there back in time? How would we reach there in "current" time?

:?:

*back* in time? Not really, but time would basically slow down for us the closer we get to light speed, and go "faster" for whoever we left here, so we would practically travel in the future, so to speak. One day for us would last years for whoever we left here.
Reaching speed of light would mean time would "stop" for us...? Still not sure about the real effects, it's so confusing... And no one knows obviously...

What I find the most illogical about superman is that, as already said before, he is vulnerable to parts from his HOMEPLANET!
How then could his race exist on Krypton anyway if they are killed by it?

london-boy said:
*back* in time? Not really, but time would basically slow down for us the closer we get to light speed, and go "faster" for whoever we left here, so we would practically travel in the future, so to speak. One day for us would last years for whoever we left here.
Reaching speed of light would mean time would "stop" for us...? Still not sure about the real effects, it's so confusing... And no one knows obviously...

But according to K.I.L.E.R, "If superman goes faster than light.....", and if we travel faster than light then we travel back in time? :?:

boxleitnerb said:
What I find the most illogical about superman is that, as already said before, he is vulnerable to parts from his HOMEPLANET!

The story is, kriptonians only got their powers when exposed to yellow sun's... like ours... that's why kal-el was sent here, cause daddy knew he would be invincible... any other yellow star would work too... erm... exposing them to red star radiations would kill their powers (kripton had a red star for "sun" so they didn't have powers there)...

still doesn't explain the kriptonite thing, but i guess it only works when the guys get their powers...?

I DONT KNOW... i mean, try to explain to me how Lois doesn't know her boyfriend is Superman for years before he tells her... i mean... is she blind?!?!? ;)

Unknown Soldier said:
I don't think Superman travelled at the speed of light .. I know he was faster than a speeding bullet though.

Yeah it was always quite incoherent. Apparently Superman can travel at the speed of light, but sometimes he wouldn't be able to reach some things in time, which doesn't make much sense if he can travel at the speed of light... then the Flash is faster, but then that would mean he can travel faster than the speed of light, which is impossible...

Speaking of the speed of light mistakes, what's with that thing about the Flash being so fast that he is "everywhere at once"??!?! Never really got that... :???:

boxleitnerb said:
I always believed that Kryptonians on their homeworld are normal like Humans. Because of the Rocks (which could be deep under ground or in isolated areas, not enough to cripple their civilization) and their Red Sun.

When their planet exploded for different reasons and Kal-El was sent to Earth, the bright yellow sun and kryptonite free planet would give him powers making him a God among men. Luckily he landed in good ol' US of A and became instilled with American Values. I did like the spin off where he landed in Soviet Russia and became Red Son Superman. But I'm straying off now and I'll stop it there.:smile:

I thought superman was simply "faster than a speeding bullet;" I don't recall anyone claiming he's able to move at/above the speed of light.

Shogun said:
Just to clarify, your complaining about screenwriters taking liberties with the laws of physics as they should pertain to a flying man

It's been a nice day today Kruno, warm, sunny, light winds, you should go outside and play.;)

ROFLMAO!

Crusher said:
I thought superman was simply "faster than a speeding bullet;" I don't recall anyone claiming he's able to move at/above the speed of light.

I read the comics for years and it's always been very ambiguous, and totally in the hand of the story you're reading. When Superman had to travel at the speed of light for storyline reasons, he would. If not, he'd be slower. That's just stories made by different people, and well they just have to "work", so the authors just adjust his powers just that little bit to give you a big shock here and there...

I haven't bought or read comics in over 20 years but I remember John Byrne talking about having to tone down Superman's powers when he took over in '84 or so. Stuff like Superman moving planets, faster than light, etc.

John Reynolds said:
I haven't bought or read comics in over 20 years but I remember John Byrne talking about having to tone down Superman's powers when he took over in '84 or so. Stuff like Superman moving planets, faster than light, etc.

... super sex... I mean... poor Lois... i can only imagine.... :oops:

Back