Superman is not very logical

superman is an obvious tool of the fraud.

james bond, is a much more subtle case of the same type of tripe.

can't believe people watch this stuff beyond their teen years. when they have an excuse for 'thinking' it's believable.

Cartoon Corpse said:
superman is an obvious tool of the fraud.

james bond, is a much more subtle case of the same type of tripe.

can't believe people watch this stuff beyond their teen years. when they have an excuse for 'thinking' it's believable.

Personally i'll only see the new movie to see... what Matrix Revolution already did... pretty much...?

Ok let me try again...

I'll watch it cause the guy is fit.... no he's ugly as fuck....

Last try...

I'll just HAVE to see it. U know, have to.

One day Superman was flying above the League of Justis when he saw Wonder Woman sunning her self naked on the roof top. He thought to himself,"I am Superman, I could just fly down there and - bam bam bam - , screw her and fly off before she knew what happened". So he put his plan into action and swept down and in the blink of an eye - bam bam bam - he did his deed. Super Woman jumps up out of her lounge chair and screams "What the hell happened!" to which the invisible man responds " I don't know but my asshole is killing me".

nelg said:
One day Superman was flying above the League of Justis when he saw Wonder Woman sunning her self naked on the roof top. He thought to himself,"I am Superman, I could just fly down there and - bam bam bam - , screw her and fly off before she knew what happened". So he put his plan into action and swept down and in the blink of an eye - bam bam bam - he did his deed. Super Woman jumps up out of her lounge chair and screams "What the hell happened!" to which the invisible man responds " I don't know but my asshole is killing me".
:LOL: I'd heard that a while ago, as for faster than light:

How about an alcubierre drive organ ;) .

My personal, made up, reasoning behind supes his power and all is that kryptonians were experimenting with bending and going beyond the laws of physics, the destruction of their world, supes power, kryptonite are all the result of this. It jibes with all the multi-colored weird effect kryptonites, and the smallville scenario, though not with canon.

You make it sound like that has anything whatsoever to do with it. People read comics because there's something to like about them, whether it be the artwork or story or characters or whatever. People who were children back when the earlier Superman movies came out have a shot at some nostalgia watching the new one. People who watch Bond films don't watch him because he's a realistic portrayal of a spy -- it's because he's a romp of a character. Even for actors who play the role, part of the point is not to look at it as a straight up serious acting role. You think there's anybody out there who watches Indiana Jones to learn about archaeology?

Take a film like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and leaving aside the grammatical incorrectness of the title, the explanation for the shrinking process involved somehow closing in the electron orbitals in order to decrease the amount of empty space in the atoms, thereby making them smaller... of course, by that explanation, the shrunken children should still have the same mass as they did before. Which in turn means that being as small as they were, they'd probably just sink right through the soil on the lawn due to the extreme density. Unfortunately, that doesn't make for a very interesting movie.

ShootMyMonkey said:
You make it sound like that has anything whatsoever to do with it. People read comics because there's something to like about them, whether it be the artwork or story or characters or whatever. People who were children back when the earlier Superman movies came out have a shot at some nostalgia watching the new one. People who watch Bond films don't watch him because he's a realistic portrayal of a spy -- it's because he's a romp of a character. Even for actors who play the role, part of the point is not to look at it as a straight up serious acting role. You think there's anybody out there who watches Indiana Jones to learn about archaeology?

Take a film like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and leaving aside the grammatical incorrectness of the title, the explanation for the shrinking process involved somehow closing in the electron orbitals in order to decrease the amount of empty space in the atoms, thereby making them smaller... of course, by that explanation, the shrunken children should still have the same mass as they did before. Which in turn means that being as small as they were, they'd probably just sink right through the soil on the lawn due to the extreme density. Unfortunately, that doesn't make for a very interesting movie.

I'd think that would make for an interesting movie :LOL:

Smallville sux - was watching it with a friend over the boxing day Test holiday... for the 1st time in a long long while - clark's human dad get's super powers for a while granted from the voice of clarks real dad :rolleyes: but then clark breaks the red ring trying to smash through human dads skull in an 'epic' battle and all of a sudden human dad's powers vanish and clark returns to normal and blah blah blah JESUS H CHRIST get some good storey writers you clowns!!!1. I would have preferred it if human dad appeals to clarks good side without the super powers and turns him back to the "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" champion. It would have made me reflex projectile vomit but at least there would have been some sort of consistency or plot or anything. Worse storey line I have seen including all those cheap morals, cornier than popcorn, g4y cartoons on in the afternoon - thank god I work hours that allow me to miss that crap and day time tv. Bring back the Herculoids.

As for loogic - I saw this doco on Chris Reeve and they showed Lois falling from a Metropolis building, may have been the daily planet one, and Superman was flying at speed vertically and then caught Lois in his arms lol she would have been pulped into Human jam but what the hell.

Who say's time is one directional - maybe not comic book writers, perhaps its only our perception that forces a one dimensional flow of time in our reality.

If the big S could accelerated to sufficient energy density - around 10^35 Joules the laws enforcing a lighrspeed limitation (a.k.a. relavitiy) might well be repealed by a shift in the local reality beging governed by the four forces and relativity into a phase change when the four forces combine (alah the heirirachy problem) back into one (quantum gravity) and then SUperman's reality is governed by the laws affecting quantum gravity - not necessarily relativity - so perhaps he gets a new speed lmit and spacetime has very different properties, if it exists as we view it at all.

Trouble is when he wishes to slow down again - even if he is just vibrating on the spot - where does all that energy go to? Against what does he excert force to radiate all the energy away?

PS

I loved Bill (Snake charmer) from Kill Bill's synophsis on Superman's view of teh whole human race - great and challenging, lengthy monologue that David Carridine pulled off with real verve!

Hyperion from the Max Imprint (Book is called SUPREME POWER) is essentailly Superman but done more logically.

ShootMyMonkey said:

but it does. or it should IMO. i think as one matures, such nonsense ceases to be 'useful' even on entertainment level. i'd think once you're an adult and you realize all the real issues that need attention...'honey i shrunk the kids' or whatever doesn't even pass for 'comedy'. course im no disney dumbass sheeple, that gets manipulated by the 'themes' they try to include in such drivel. i know all that as fraud, and it's purpose is to keep me down, not lift me up.

Bad_Boy said:
Didn't he turn back time by flying around the earth? I dont think superman was very logical to begin with. Now Batman Begins, that was a logical superhero movie. And damn good at that. :D

Because microwave emitters that make all the water in the sewers instantly evaporate wouldn't make 2 men 5 feet from it explode.

Back