Summer Game Fest 2020

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
The online alternative to E3...

EW8OTt4UYAE6VHj

interesting, nice to see the industry get together to do this type of thing as a combined response.

Unfortunately not better than E3 for me. Since it's spread over 4 months, I'm unlikely to watch all of the events...just like now. Ah well, I'm getting older. I don't need to keep up with games as much as I used to, so no big loss for me. Pity for some of the indie games I won't see that I otherwise would have due to E3, however.

When I saw this announced I had high hopes that this would be a true E3 alternative with an ~1 week showcase of games from multiple developers and publishers. But nope. More advertising revenue if you can spread it out over 4 months.

Regards,
SB

When I saw this announced I had high hopes that this would be a true E3 alternative with an ~1 week showcase of games from multiple developers and publishers. But nope. More advertising revenue if you can spread it out over 4 months.

There was definitely something special about the E3 newsgasm. Not really sure it was good anything other than its own entertainment value though.

I find 4 months a bit too long of a time range to keep my focus. That's why E3 was better, since it only required around a week of focus, even if it was rather condensed at times.

Hopefully with such a broad range none of the developers have to go through Crunch Time insanity to get a solid presentation put together.

Back