Street Fighter 4

From Christian Svensson , again ;
I'll bet I have to say this a few times this week for people who didn't see everything or hear about it (nor were you really supposed to hear it all until tomorrow) but:

Capcom this week announced
four new titles for PS3 *(and other platforms)*. I won't run down the list of those four titles until tomorrow but most of the information is out there on the internets, somewhere, if you search around. To be extra clear and stop any errant speculation that I'm confirming something that I'm not, this number does NOT include SF4, *as we have not announced any platforms for that title yet.*

Perhaps oddly, I thought this would please most PS3 owners and we've certainly seen some messages from people who were happy with the bits of prematurely leaked news that have emerged.

Now, if new games coming to the platform you own isn't enough to excite owners of a particular console on the whole, clearly there's some other agenda at work that we can't help you with. We are supporting ALL platforms appropriately, as I've stated we would repeatedly.

If there's a particular franchise that you're wedded to that isn't slated to appear on your platform and we've broken your heart, you never know what the future holds. In this business, the only constant, is change.
Capcom's waiting for exclusivity offers for SF4 ?.. :rolleyes:

Bionic Commando , Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD and Lost Planet are 3 of 4 games... What's the 4th game ?..

Last edited by a moderator:
What's "(and other platforms)" with that not being bold about? If you're going to do this a direct source link would also be appreciated and also bolding that doesn't purposely leave out key details would also be nice.

Anyway, I would love to see a new SF done in a cel-shaded 3D with movement constrained to 2D.

also from http://snk-capcom.com/

If Capcom decides to follow through on their arcade release, expect to see it on Taito's Type X2

interesting. I do hope SF4 comes out for arcade first, it'll give people a chance to play it and Capcom to make refinements. we'll also know what the game is like before it comes to consoles.

From Christian Svensson , again ;
Capcom's waiting for exclusivity offers for SF4 ?.. :rolleyes:

Bionic Commando , Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD and Lost Planet are 3 of 4 games... What's the 4th game ?..

People have said SF4 will be arcade first. As such, isn't it a tad early to speculate on possible platforms? I'd assume PS3/360..

The 4th game is something called "Dark Void" which I haven't looked into. I assume there's no trailer of it.

Street Figher IV Unveiled
Exclusive first ever screenshot and details for Capcom's franchise revival.
By Matt Leone, 12/06/2007
Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about seventeen thousand rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.

We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

SCREENSHOT: Click on the image above to see the high-res. version.

For the full reveal of the game -- including hands-on impressions, a rundown of the new gameplay system, and loads of details on new features -- look for the January 2008 issue of EGM in stores soon and hitting subscribers any day now. And then after you check the issue out, keep your eye on 1UP's Street Fighter IV hub page for ongoing coverage continuing into January.

Anyway, are you still reading this? Didn't you see the screenshot above? Click it and look at the larger version! All your friends are doing it...

2090198453_affb9de8c8_o.jpg
media2f064f.jpeg

he could look a bit more like the animated movie.

I wonder if they will animate the characters at 60fps or if they will "simulate" the classic 2d "paper frame" look. I would like the later :)

he could look a bit more like the animated movie.

I wonder if they will animate the characters at 60fps or if they will "simulate" the classic 2d "paper frame" look. I would like the later :)

60fps could still look sweet provided the animation is top notch..

I have high hopes for this title & i'm really interested to find out how the effects & projectile attacks look/animate since it's this area which is really going to differentiate street fighter IV from other 2.5D/3D fighters out there..

Exciting times indeed!! :D

Street Figher IV Unveiled
Exclusive first ever screenshot and details for Capcom's franchise revival.
By Matt Leone, 12/06/2007
Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about seventeen thousand rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.

We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

SCREENSHOT: Click on the image above to see the high-res. version.

For the full reveal of the game -- including hands-on impressions, a rundown of the new gameplay system, and loads of details on new features -- look for the January 2008 issue of EGM in stores soon and hitting subscribers any day now. And then after you check the issue out, keep your eye on 1UP's Street Fighter IV hub page for ongoing coverage continuing into January.

Anyway, are you still reading this? Didn't you see the screenshot above? Click it and look at the larger version! All your friends are doing it...

2090198453_affb9de8c8_o.jpg
media2f064f.jpeg

Thats in game??? OMFG!!!!!! :oops::oops: I want it NOW!!!

I LOVE how it looks. I wasn't that excited for it but the visual style looks really original. Hopefully it's also 60 fps (which is I'd assume a lot easier with 3D models). For the hardcore, the gameplay shouldn't change if it's still "2D" and the hit boxes are similar. The models might not line up 1:1 exactly down to the pixel but that doesn't really matter.

Lovely graphic rendering style. The background doesn't quite gel with the character, but Ryu himself looks incredible.

*sigh* I was really hoping for 2D sprite based game. Dammit, who will try to push 2D to the max? Anyway, the graphics do look nice, but the character art is hideous. Ryu looks like a hunch back or has a giant turtle shell on his back in the EGM cover. The face looks meh in the 3D model. If they were going to cel-shaded, I would have liked them to go for the animated movie look.

Back