Steam Trading

tabs

Veteran
Supporter
I AM NO LONGER MAINTAINING THIS POST. TRADES ARE STILL HAPPENING THOUGH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you trade TF2 items for other TF2 items? That'd be an useful thing to have.

It doesn't really make much sense to trade TF2 now that it's f2p :p

I should have Portal1 left over, no idea what I'd want in return though.

So does this mean a person should always buy things as a gift? Could bundles that are double be split then? I hate how the bundle the same junk and sell it again often.

If you buy something as a gift and activate it on your account you can't sell it any more. You can only sell it if you haven't activated it yet.

I would be interested in seeing if bundles could be bought as a gift, and then individual games go to different places (including my own library). I doubt that would work though.

I'm interested in Frozen Synapse. At the moment when you buy it you get a second copy free as a gift. If someone would like to swap that for Terraria then I'm happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in seeing if bundles could be bought as a gift, and then individual games go to different places (including my own library). I doubt that would work though.

I do think that might work, but that's just an educated guess.

If someone wants to figure it out let us know. I was thinking the same thing, but don't have any bundles I purchased as gifts I could try with.

You can't gift stuff you bought as a gift to yourself (I think, since if you choose to send gifts directly through Steam, your own account doesn't show up in the window), but you should be able to gift everything in a bundle to different people, since games bundles all appear individually in your library when you buy it for yourself; it's not listed as being part of a bundle once you've completed the transaction...

So theoretically you should be able to pick and choose what to send where.

Interesting! I wonder if I could gift something to someone, they gift it back and then I could use it? Do gifts given appear in the recipients inventory or just in their library? I've always just installed mine as they came in, never really paid attention to the options (if there were any) at the time.

I think if you accept a gift it'll be added to your library, and then you can't gift it back to the original giver (or anyone else), and if you decline the gift it'll just be returned as-is to the giver, meaning it's still a gift and not addable to your own library...

Are you sure about that Grall? Seems daft to not be able to add a gift you purchased to your own library.

No, I'm not sure, I've never actually tried this (don't have money to spend on gifts just to experiment :D), but it makes sense from a crassly economical sense; Valve would rather want to sell you two games if you buy a gift, but then change your mind and would rather like to keep it for yourself...

I possibly do but, seeing as they would be physical cd's/dvd's I'd have to post them to the u.s in most cases

The problem I would have (thats why its usually depressing when visiting game stores) is games available usually fall into 2 groups
1 : I have it
2 : I don't want it

:LOL: Don't you have enough games to keep you going? You can't have them all beat. It's not humanly possible. If you really want to get more games then you might have to try something you don't like the look of ... you might be surprised by it.

If you're willing to post internationally, then go ahead and give a list, I'll just link to that post if there's quite a number.

:You can't have them all beat. It's not humanly possible.
Why not? off the top of my head it works out about 1 game every 5 days

:LOL: Don't you have enough games
Could you explain ? I am not familiar with that concept.
enough, Games hmm.. no sorry still dont understand

If you're willing to post internationally, then go ahead and give a list
Nah, having backups makes me feel safe (especially since ive just had a scare with 1 file from avp2 cd 2 being unreadable, had to drag an old pc out of storage with an old 2x cd writer to recover it as the drive reads almost anything) and if you read the what are you playing now thread you'll notice recently ive been buying games I already own from charity shops and car boot sales just to have a backup

ps: maybe this thread could be expanded to include any game trades not just steam stuff

Back