Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops. Didn't have time to update post. Someone else already nabbed it. :p

I should mention that I got it along with Darkness II and Spec Ops: The Line for a dollar on the current humble bundle. :p

Not a problem at all.

Just did the intro section for a quick test. I remember playing the demo on 360 a long time ago, and I thought it was alright. It's certainly quite nice to play it in 1080p60 instead. I'll probably get to finishing it over the weekend.

Also did a quick test run of Darkness II, and... not really a fan so far. Like, I have too many options to kill something, and I can't decide whether I want to use a gun, grab the guy, or melee slash, or use the other gun, or dual wield or... blah.

Well I refunded Transformers Devastation. Not really my thing, plus it doesn't even support my monitor's native res. It really did look and sound the part though. The nostalgia wasn't enough to carry it for me.

Flat Out is 99p on Steam. Best arcade driving physics I've experienced. An absolute joy to play. Don't bother with the sequels, their handling isn't a patch on the original.

Well I refunded Transformers Devastation. Not really my thing, plus it doesn't even support my monitor's native res. It really did look and sound the part though. The nostalgia wasn't enough to carry it for me.

Tell me more about this. I would love a G1 Transformers game. It'd be awesome if somebody would make one that was open world and not just a fighter, but what was wrong about this one? What is your monitor's native resolution that wasn't supported?

Not sure what you mean by G1. I just didn't enjoy the game play much. I'm not super into this sort of game although I'd spent a good few hours enjoying Devil May Cry or one of it's sequels back in the day. I thought if it was decent enough the fact that it was 'proper' old school Transformers would do the rest. It didn't.

I can't really give a good critique on the game - I simply found it a bit boring. Chances are there is depth there that I didn't experience, but with 1001 games to play I realised it wasn't going to get the opportunity.

My monitor is 2560x1440 so a standard aspect ratio.

G1 is just Transformers lingo for the First Generation of Transformers, the ones with Optimus Prime is a cab-over semi, Megatron is a Walther P38, Soundwave is a cassette player, etc..

Tell me more about this. I would love a G1 Transformers game.

It's on this month's PS Plus for PS4, FWIW.
I tried it for a couple of hours the other day. It's very arcade-y, linear and fast in general but the boss fights are hard enough to demand some strategic thinking.

I definitely prefer the War for Cybertron series, though. I don't think I'm going to play Devastation.

"It's the first pledge I've done in my life, because I think this game will be really good, no matter when it comes out" - ToTTenTranz (2012)

Have a change of heart there?

I gather you replied to the wrong thread and you're talking about Star Citizen?

Well that's the thing, isn't it? To be really good, the game had to actually come out. Which it didn't and IMO it will likely never do.

I had faith in the concept and the team. The concept changed completely from endless feature creeping, and the team just unashamedly lies about release dates, quarter after quarter, year after year.

I would be utterly stupid not to have a change of heart.

That's a shame, looks like you caught my post just as I'd realised my mistake and posted the edit. We could continue the conversation in the correct thread if you like?

That's a shame, looks like you caught my post just as I'd realised my mistake and posted the edit. We could continue the conversation in the correct thread if you like?
Sure.

Xmas sale starts today, including the finalist voting for the game awards from the last sale.

Xcom 2 + five other (to be revealed) games is $12 in the February Humble Monthly Bundle, $10.80 if you're a first time subscriber and use a 10% off coupon (get one with the free copy of Dirt Showdown they're giving away to promote their winter sale, or by buying the $1 tier of their weekly game bundles: currently Assassin's Creed and an eclectic mix of Overwhelmingly Positively reviewed indie games).

And apparently new subscribers can also use a referral code to give the referrer a $3 credit. I guess the referree just gets a warm feeling and a clue. ;) I'd be a new subscriber if I decide to get Xcom 2, so PM me if you'd like.

I have no idea if prices differ outside of the USA.

Free Dirt has expired, so if you don't want Uplay games but still want the 10% off Monthly coupon for Xcom 2, there's a pretty decent new bundle. The highlights: $1 for Victor Vran, beat the average (currently ~$3) to add Shadowrun: Hong Kong, $10 to add Homeworld: Remastered. Not too bad. Even though there's (currently) an unusually large gulf between the BTA and top tiers, the cheapest Homeworld's been was ~$12, so $10 for it and six other games is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back