Status of Rage 3D?

IbaneZ

Regular
Too bad to see such a good old site falling apart. A stroll through their forums makes me feel sad. :cry:
When did the kids take over their forums? The only activity is in the "Off Topic Lounge".

No hot hardware reviews either. Nothing. :cry:

So what the hell happened?

I think Said53 bought a nVidia card and everything went downhill from there.

But I seriously don't know. I had a lot of hopes of R3D after the 8800 review from ratchet but I guess that was it's ultimate article and whatever happened to the forums last month just sealed it's fate. but methinks its something like ego's vs. finance. (but that is an unfounded guess.)

i know i stopped visiting rage3d when i forgot my login name, and they started hiding the search function from non-registered users. that's something that drives me nuts, right there.

Ratchett left Rage and joined the staff here. I think that he (and a few others by the sounds of it) were wanting to sort rage out but were handicapped by the higher ups.

Errr, where did all their threads go? They seem to be shown as existing on the forum main page, but when you go into a forum there's very little left. . .

Who is "Android1"? Not a registered user but posts all the news? (Well, I did see Hanners still posts EB stuff on R3Ds frontpage. I find that personally very hilarious. ;) )

Errr, where did all their threads go [...] when you go into a forum there's very little left. . .
Whose threads, or what threads? There’s still thousands and thousands of threads on R3D, but the default display options are set to the last 30 days only.

Too bad to see such a good old site falling apart. A stroll through their forums makes me feel sad. :cry:
When did the kids take over their forums? The only activity is in the "Off Topic Lounge".

No hot hardware reviews either. Nothing. :cry:

So what the hell happened?

I don't see how it is falling apart?

A couple of mods left because they have better things to do. Like live their lives. Does not mean the forum is falling part. So R3d is a bunch of kids now? Boy looking at your past post on R3D, your really one to talk. Not to mention you got banned there for trolling and the comment you made that got you banned was so bad that even the liberal in active mods on R3D felt the need to delete that comment.

Maybe you don't like R3D because your not welcomed?:p

I don't see how it is falling apart?

A couple of mods left because they have better things to do. Like live their lives. Does not mean the forum is falling part. So R3d is a bunch of kids now? Boy looking at your past post on R3D, your really one to talk. Not to mention you got banned there for trolling and the comment you made that got you banned was so bad that even the liberal in active mods on R3D felt the need to delete that comment.

Maybe you don't like R3D because your not welcomed?:p

So what if I was banned? I'm sure my ban has lifted by now. ;) But did Ratchet leave because I was banned?

I just think it's sad to see such a kick ass site go south. But ok "Sound Card", if you think you're such a bad ass, go ahead and make R3D a better place.

So what if I was banned? I'm sure my ban has lifted by now. ;) But did Ratchet leave because I was banned?

I just think it's sad to see such a kick ass site go south. But ok "Sound Card", if you think you're such a bad ass, go ahead and make R3D a better place.

Actully I believe it was Ratchet that banned you. If not, it was for sure Vengence. And why would Ratchet leave becuase you got banned? That's news to me.

Well, what do do know, I can log in. ;)

You've misunderstood this thread though m8. R3D used to be the site a few years ago. And Ratchets reviews kicked butt. But now it's pretty much dead.

Sad to see it go.

spy.gif

Whose threads, or what threads? There’s still thousands and thousands of threads on R3D, but the default display options are set to the last 30 days only.

Ah, guess I never noticed. I just remember there being more pages.

I think ATi fans are demoralized. ATi getting goobled up by AMD and then many are tired of waiting on the R600. The drastic change in the ATi main site depressed a few folks too. Some people are moving to Vista and wish DX10 cards for they move as well. It all adds up. Honestly, I hope the R600 does well because competition is good for the consumer.

If the R600 does well and AMD releases a chip that is better than C2D I think things will pick up @ Rage3d.

OT: Is B3D's multi-quote system incompatible with Firefox (2.0.0.3)? It doesn't seem to work for me...

I just couldn't stay out of this thread :p

re: missing threads:
While typing this post I noticed that gen hardware in particular was missing all but a handful of threads. Looks like they may have just cleared up some db issues, as all the threads appear to have returned now.

As for the decline of Rage, things started to fall apart when Ratchet and Andrew left and (seemingly) half the staff as well. They've gotten away from what made the site great: being the premiere ATI fan & support site on the net.

I really can't say anymore about the site's decline without dragging this thread into the mud. I tried to formulate a cogent post without getting personal but I just have too much emotional attachment to the issue to accomplish this.

re: Geforce3d:
I consider the owner/operator of the site to be a friend, although I'm not sure he feels the same way about me. Nonetheless, I wish him luck in his endeavor. I am disappointed with the site's growth and the participation level of its members, as I'm sure he is also . Hopefully some unique content will help rectify the situation.

Back