Star Wars: Jedi Survivor [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Easily worth it for me. I'll go play quake 2 if I want to see bare graphics with no postprocessing artifacts.

Sharpening isn’t a fix for bare graphics so not sure what that means. It can also be applied independently of upscaling if you want to avoid upscaling artifacts.

As to the game itself. It seems better than it's predecessor. Beautiful, compelling soulslike. I really like it very much. Hopefully the performance gets fixed.

How much of these performance issues are down to Unreal Engine?

I'm actually enjoying the game but UE doesn't seem to fully saturate the GPU and suffers from shader and loading stutters.

How much of these performance issues are down to Unreal Engine?

I'm actually enjoying the game but UE doesn't seem to fully saturate the GPU and suffers from shader and loading stutters.

Both Hi-Fi Rush and Dead Island 2 are UE4 games and excellent PC ports so I don't think this can be blamed on the engine.

Both Hi-Fi Rush and Dead Island 2 are UE4 games and excellent PC ports so I don't think this can be blamed on the engine.
But those 2 samples are not open world in the same rights as Jedi nor have they attempted to push the graphics as much.

Quality mode = 972p to 1440p
Performance mode = 648p to 864p

Wow... I've been watching some of the footage, and knew it was super low resolution because FSR2 just does a terrible job with it. It's insanely distracting how much ghosting and fizzling there is. The RT also looks terrible too IMO.. it's extremely grainy and low res.

Yes, this game CAN look great at times... but there's so many caveats and image quality issues to get there... and the performance is just pathetic for the dynamic resolution range they're targeting..

How does DF measure the pre-upscaled resolution? Must be some kinda voodoo.
Possibly mathematical image analysis. Iroboto had a post somewhere around the forum going over a few different approaches.

Worst case it's excruciating pixel counting by extraordinary humans.

Quality mode = 972p to 1440p
Performance mode = 648p to 864p

Wow... I've been watching some of the footage, and knew it was super low resolution because FSR2 just does a terrible job with it. It's insanely distracting how much ghosting and fizzling there is. The RT also looks terrible too IMO.. it's extremely grainy and low res.

Yes, this game CAN look great at times... but there's so many caveats and image quality issues to get there... and the performance is just pathetic for the dynamic resolution range they're targeting..
Quality mode is 972 to 1200 something. Isn't it

How does DF measure the pre-upscaled resolution? Must be some kinda voodoo.
You have to find a particular angle when playing the game, you screenshot it and you count the steps ratio. That’s the traditional way. I have a have a spectrum method that can count it depending on how they upsampled it. If not, it can ballpark the approximate resolution it’s projecting out to versus native.

When they use minimum compression codecs from their recorders, they can do it via stop frame as well. But the counting can still be pretty tough.

Last edited:
EA's DRM really is dumb. HWUB has to benchmark from 6 different EA play accounts and play through the game 6 separate times in order to benchmark different hardware configs. What a joke.

Couldn’t they release this game one week later with much better shape? Is releasing game on time much more important than all bad reputation it will get?

Back