Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Good news. November could be very successful again.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18429-IAE-2951#/schedule/anvil-aerospace

Free play is up this weekend. They also have starter packages on sale if anyone wants to try . I believe the additional ship for free if you use a persons referral is still in effect so reach out to someone before you make your account if your thinking of signing up for free fly or getting a package

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/argo/MPUV-Cargo#features

In Alpha 3.15.1 besides the expo little has changed. At first I wondered about the 7 GB more but much more spaceship advertising videos are played in the game world. Since the release of 3.15, many in my list have been playing continuously. The new inventory system seems to be very appealing. Some must have played for over a hundred hours since 3.15 was released. I also enjoy playing it very much.

I also got an Argo Mole because some people used my code. I'm surprised where they came from because I rarely publish it but a gift is a gift.

Space Jeremy Clarson is also there with this years expo.

Part 1 and 2

Bizarre excuse.

CD Projekt's reputation has been significantly diminished by Cyberpunk 2077. Therefore, it makes sense to release a game only when it is in good condition.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with showing anything from development?
It's just excuses that is all.
They are trying to imply that cyberpunk was in development for roughly the same time and look what happens when you release a game that isn't finished. The only problem is that cyber punk didn't take peoples money and tie it up into development for a decade.

I think CIG would have shed a lot of this stigma if they had actually focused on SQ42 and had it be episodic with content a new set of missions coming out yearly. Even if they were only able to deliver that in 2018 it would have been much better for everyone involved.

The first trailer of Cyberpunk 2077 came in January 2013.

CD Projekt took the money from shareholders and that quickly became much less after release. Of the 405 million USD only a tiny fraction came through Squadron 42. Probably less than 15 million USD. More good mechanics are currently coming. I see no significant advantage in releasing Squadron 42 without them.

What does that have to do with showing anything from development?

There is a monthly report every month, there is the permanently progressing roadmap and a large part of the elements can also be seen in the PU. That is more than nothing.

The first trailer of Cyberpunk 2077 came in January 2013.

CD Projekt took the money from shareholders and that quickly became much less after release. Of the 405 million USD only a tiny fraction came through Squadron 42. Probably less than 15 million USD. More good mechanics are currently coming. I see no significant advantage in releasing Squadron 42 without them.

There is a monthly report every month, there is the permanently progressing roadmap and a large part of the elements can also be seen in the PU. That is more than nothing.

more something is always coming , will you ever see a reason for release ?

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Alpha 3.16 has been released: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18452-Return-To-Jumptown-Alpha-316

Patch Notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...citizen-alpha-3-16-0-live-7912978-patch-notes

Alpha 3.16 is relatively small compared to some previous patches. 3.15 brought the biggest changes in a long time and it came out much later than planned, so they scaled 3.16 down.

The new bounty hunts in the atmosphere also have their charm.

Most of the stuff seeing here was released in the last few months. Ares Inferno space ship, reworked missiles, reworked capacitors, reworked HUD canvas, planetary volumetric clouds and atmospheric NPC bounties.

By the way, here are parts 3 and 4 of Whitley's Guide 2951 IAE Special.

The ending has something of Star Trek about it.

Last edited:
Alpha 3.16 has been released: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18452-Return-To-Jumptown-Alpha-316

Patch Notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...citizen-alpha-3-16-0-live-7912978-patch-notes

Alpha 3.16 is relatively small compared to some previous patches. 3.15 brought the biggest changes in a long time and it came out much later than planned, so they scaled 3.16 down.

The new bounty hunts in the atmosphere also have their charm.

By the way, here are parts 3 and 4 of Whitley's Guide 2951 IAE Special.

The ending has something of Star Trek about it.
Nice.

Did the Quantum get first live tests in 3.16?

I went out drinking with some work buddies and they couldn't shut up about Star Citizen. They are dreading the money reset in some future update....

I went out drinking with some work buddies and they couldn't shut up about Star Citizen. They are dreading the money reset in some future update....

You seem to have cultivated work colleagues.

There was also a reset in 3.16 because they changed the inventory system. Before that the last reset was a while ago. Maybe a year or more. But it will happen at least once more. Currently it's all aUEC where the a stands for alpha. But many of my people have already accumulated so much money after 3.16 that they bought big spaceships with ingame money again.

Nice.

Did the Quantum get first live tests in 3.16?

I read the message on 24.12 but so far I have not been able to find out if it is in. Probably not.

Ars article @ https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022...-back-roadmap-to-avoid-timeline-distractions/

Star Citizen devs scale back roadmap to avoid timeline “distractions”
Old system was "a mistake" that made some players treat "projections as promises."

Star Citizen developers Cloud Imperium Games' new public development roadmap will no longer include target dates for coming features more than one calendar quarter away. The change, the company writes, is largely to avoid "distraction" and "continued noise every time we shift deliverables" from "a very loud contingent of Roadmap watchers who see projections as promises."

To eliminate "distraction both internally at CIG and within our community" when far-out feature dates get moved, CIG has now simply stopped projecting features in the Release View more than a quarter out. "Even though we always added a caveat that a card could move, we feel now that it's better to just not put a deliverable on Release View until we can truly commit to it," the company writes (even though, previously, those deliverables were described as a 70 percent "good level of confidence").

The change means that RSI is no longer committing to target dates for seemingly fundamental and promised gameplay systems, including an FPS radar, "zero G push and pull," persistent hangars for managing a squadron of purchased ships, and a "player interaction experience." Many of these features are now shifting toward development in Squadron 42 first, CIG writes, after which they will be migrated back into the wider "Persistent Universe" afterward, RSI writes.

They must laugh their asses off about the stupids that still send them all this money…

This company has also very vocal social platform warriors that defend all the BS they do. I wonder if some of the money is actually spend to pay professional social platform workers to keep and reiterate a positive spin.

Or should I really believe that someone like Jupiter is for real?

I'm sure they're thinking about implementing NFTs, since a part of the fan base seems to accept everything...

Even tough I have invested a four-figure contribution I still paid less per hour of play than for almost all games. Most games are just fast food anyway. They are played only briefly and then never touched again. I have been playing Star Citizen for many years.

A lot of players and persons from the press have not understood "tentaive" and that is why CIG is doing this. Every time something bigger was delayed there was drama. Therefore this move is understandable. The Progress Tracker remains as before. It was more interesting anyway.

It looks like the refuling gameplay loop will be added soon

Last edited:
Back