Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Terrible idea it's sucked in every game that's ever tried it, A gun should last you a lifetime
Eh, your ship will likely get destroyed before the weapon wears out. It's likely there as a money sink of in game currency
They changed engine again?
I mean it sure does look pretty but

and bs like

:unsure:
How is this shit supposed to be fun?

It's the same engine.

THey started on Cryengine and then had a falling out with them and moved to Lumberyard which is Amazon's fork of Cryengine that they bought. Then they modified the engine further and started calling it the star engine or whatever
Citizencon 2052: Home economics gameplay loop enabled, with the new Starching and Ironing module excitingly find the balance between 7 variables to perfectly press & seam your space shirts & collars.
If you use too much steam your iron may explode and set your ship on fire.
Move the iron too slow 🔥
Too little heat and your clothes will be creased: you'll be unable to enter the hoity-toity parts of stations and you'll have no success with the ladies in the long promised boom--shakalaka module 🍆
Sorry, boom-shakalaka pushed back to at least 2110 to incorporate this new feature but pledge now $10,000 per inch while stock is available to secure your adequacy!
Citizencon 2348: Indentured slave gameplay loop enabled, when captured by a boarding party you will be required to serve at least 5 years of realtime gameplay as an indentured slave literally shovelling excruciatingly detailed nested, containerised, streaming, steaming heaps of :poop: by manual mouse movement.
Lead a slave uprising! Convince your friends to yell 'I'm Spartacus' shortly before you are all crucified by your master, fun!

I'm sure they are & definitely not rushing to make sure the Pergals generic non-copyrighted-space-whales are in the definitely-not-highly-scripted-'gameplay'-video in time for Ashoka Citizencon hype.

Ugh man, I ranted again. I wanted to stop coming here periodically & just saying negative stuff 🤷‍♂️
I was on the website within a few hours of the first announcement, back when it was just a countdown timer because I was excited about a new Chris Roberts space game in a time when space-sim stuff was considered a totally dead genre.
Some of this stuff is genuinely pretty amazing & exciting, I periodically come in here watch some videos then go to the website with a plan to buy a cheap ship so I can check it out but then I recoil at the horror & bullshit monetisation and remember why I never did before :runaway:

Remember to keep in mind some of this stuff is for the MMO type game and wont really effect the Single player game.

They no longer used CE?

I mean it's a semantic game.

They use Star engine which is a modified lumber yard which itself is a fork of Cryengine that Amazon bought almost a decade ago.

There was a big falling out where Crytek sued CIG over them moving to lumberyard and a bunch of stuff that I believe CIG won. However I always felt that was a huge waste of time and that CIG should never have stopped working with Crytek

I mean it's a semantic game.

They use Star engine which is a modified lumber yard which itself is a fork of Cryengine that Amazon bought almost a decade ago.

There was a big falling out where Crytek sued CIG over them moving to lumberyard and a bunch of stuff that I believe CIG won. However I always felt that was a huge waste of time and that CIG should never have stopped working with Crytek

I wonder what happened to the obligation to use AWS when Lumberyard was ended.

So here's a question about crime in Star Citizen. People have bought ships for hundreds of dollars what happens when another player steals that ship?

So here's a question about crime in Star Citizen. People have bought ships for hundreds of dollars what happens when another player steals that ship?

What happens in real life?

There is insurance on the ships. So when you pledge for a ship you get a certain amount of insurance or if the ship is a warbond ship it has life time. Also during the original kickstarter and first year all ships had life time insurance. But it was all a shit show and a big drama.

For the person who stole the ship I believe they can use the ship but you can put bounties on them to have the ship destroyed. They also wouldn't be able to land it at offical landing stations.

but then you get into a situation of person x buys a ship for $1,000 person y steals it, person x gets a new ship from insurance (or do they just get their $1,000 back) so instead of a $1,000 ship being rare everybody will have one.

but then you get into a situation of person x buys a ship for $1,000 person y steals it, person x gets a new ship from insurance (or do they just get their $1,000 back) so instead of a $1,000 ship being rare everybody will have one.
dont worry, most likely the ship will be destroyed by a game glitch

And thats where I nope the hell out of their shop every time I find myself there :runaway:

Aside from the MMOFlation aspect that would come from a stolen big ship being permanent & original replaced under 'insurance', if people are forking out real 4 or 5 digit numbers of $$$ they should have permanent access to that ship at least incase it gets blown up due to some glitch.

It certainly should be a reasonable expectation for a newbie buying in with one of the cheap end ships to have the assurance that they'll always have access at least to that one ship.

Maybe they should do lifetime on the bottom end or allow players who purchased a ship to select one ship to be lifetime?
I dunno 🤷‍♂️ but whatever the solution, the current situation is unacceptable -> I won't buy.

It only works for some time. They will have a bounty on it so people will constantly be going after them , they will get into normal battles in terms of just playing the game normally. If you can't dock it and are constantly getting attacked by bounties and constantly engaging in missions the ship wont last very long and then that is it.

The technology looks super impressive. It feels like they should be luring some folks from Obsidian onboard to introduce some RPG/non-MMO elements into the gameplay loop.

Back