Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

My favorite part is 17:40 to 19:25. Then 22:15 until the end. The large space station in the nebula is also beautiful.

CIG is one of the few studios that still does very extensive engine work. They have a legion of programmers which only few studios can maintain. CIG has far more programmers than Crytek.

I'm rather disappointed with other well-known studios. What is Dice doing? I haven't seen much progress in Frostbite for a long time. Hardly anyone can keep up with Epic.

Last edited:
Let's see. Hopefully there will be a big jump like there was between Battlefield 4 and Battlefront 2015.

Back then I considered them to be one of the studios which has accumulated the most and best programming talent. Maybe that's still the case but something has to happen soon.

Let's see. Hopefully there will be a big jump like there was between Battlefield 4 and Battlefront 2015.

Back then I considered them to be one of the studios which has accumulated the most and best programming talent. Maybe that's still the case but something has to happen soon.
Most of that talent is long gone sadly. Our best chance was Embark but they decided to not build their own engine.

Embark is building their own technology, but their first game will use UE5.

The Finals and ARC Raiders both use UE. They have their own demo projects, but my understanding was that their more for experimenting than foundations for moving away from UE.

Alpha 3.22has been released: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...19565-Star-Citizen-Alpha-322-Wrecks-To-Riches

Patch Notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//19626-Star-Citizen-Alpha-3220

___

Everything that was revealed by Jared in latest ISC as scheduled and/or on track for release in the first half of 2024:
  • Master Modes
  • Persistent Hangars
  • FPS combat improvements: reloading, wear, misfires
  • Updated EVA
  • Updated Scopes
  • Dynamic crosshair
  • Charge & drain guns
  • Visor and lens system
  • Updated loot screen
  • New interaction system
  • New mobiGlas apps
  • New character customizer
  • Reworked mobiglas and starmap
  • Distribution centers
  • Several new/updated vehicles
  • 4.0:
    • Pyro's planets, moons, stations
    • Jump points
    • new QT
    • new HUD and MFDs
    • Resource management
    • Hacking
    • Targeted for Summer 2024 (Q2/Q3), but earlier on the Tech Preview channel.

___

Until some ray tracing has been implemented I will take it easy for the time being,

Last edited:
Fentanyl is currently on the rise. But probably not in these circles.

CIG spends most of its money on employees. Otherwise Roberts would keep more money and not let the company grow to more than 1100 employees.

Back