Splinter Cell 4 Gameplay Footage

It looks good but doesn't live up to my expectations. Looks like we'll have to wait until #5 to get a true next gen version based on a new engine and *hopefully* made by Ubisoft MTL. I'd have much more faith in the Gameplay if the shanghai studio wasn't designing it. Look what they did to SC2: Pandora Tomorrow, not to mention the XBOX vesion of GRAW.

Those ss are from the XB (1) version, right (?), at least the first one is one the XB/PS2/GC section in gamespot.

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
I guess being on UE 2.5 doesn't help either.:cry:

Thank god that they using ue2.5, ue3 has some serious problems with tiling, bioshock and rainbow6 on 360 are all using custom modified ue2.5 and look at them (up and running). We didnt see final version yet of sc4, remember graw 3 months before release. :p

i agree the animation doesn;t seem much better than xbox, but then again splinter cell on xbox definately had some of the best animation around imo.... so whilst it's a shame that this doesn't lift the bar in that respect, being compared to the original isn't such a bad thing.

i'm still not sold on the graphics tbh - what i have seen doesn't look a lot better than GRAW from a visual standpoint, which again while not exactly bad, isn't raising the bar in the same way as the splinter cell series is renowned for.

but that said, it's still looking great and i'll probably pick it up anyway..... i just hope it gets some marked improvements between now and then a la GRAW, to make it a stronger first appearance on the new consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya the animation is identical to xbox, i really hope they fix that. Reading the new GI, PoP used 800 animations, assassin's creed uses 4000. All games should make that kind of step up in the animation department, I hope they give them a major upgrade before release.

For some reason the graphics on this title are a letdown for me.

I really expected more from one of the most graphically impressive series ever in previous iterations.

I honestly thought for a long time that the 360 pics were Xbox pics mislabeled.

This is my most anticipated (next to mass effect). It has more lighted environment, less blade runnerish. It intents to achieve something that pandora could not.

Back