*spin-off* God of War III Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check you mails!

I just got a email with the code from PSN and just started downloading the 2.6GB demo.

Denmark / EU Playstation Store

:)

Epic violence, and looks, just like it should be :) , looking forward to this game.

I'm very very happy!

First - my refurbished ps3 has arrived;
Second - I just received GOW3 voucher email. I'm very happy with it - thanks Sony!

There appears to be some kind of purple filter layered on those screens, or the capture device is not properly adjusted. Non the less awesome shots and does look like 4xaa is going on here.

Stolen from the TTP@neogaf pics:

10ruzcp.jpg

Kratos face+expression :oops: (looks like a real person IMO)
I wonder if this ingame model is the same as the playable ingame model?

I just came back from the Eurogamer Expo where I played the demo.

Firstly, let me say that it was the best looking game on show by a mile. In life, it looks absolutely stunning.

However (please note: this is my opinion only) the gameplay itself was as dull as dishwater. I must admit, the GoW style of game isn't exactly my favourite genre, but I actually became bored playing a 10-15 (could've been longer, certainly felt like longer) demo.

But as a visual treat.... so far I don't think I've seen better.

Played the demo a couple of times now. Loving the presentation. Looks beautiful. Over the top brutal violence and just no mercy in the killing. Also the mythology is to my liking.

However the combat is nothing new at all. It looks like they put all their efforts into presentation. Bayonetta combat make this look stale.

I'll likely rent it when I can but I can't imagine playing through the game with this combat. I'm also not a fan of QTE so that's another knock against the combat. I'm sure fan of the series will love it just for the presentation upgrades alone but don't expect much from combat. Framerate certainly need a bit more stability also.

Also, is there an option for a free roaming camera? didn't seem to be one.

There also is somewhat of a lag in the controls. Play it a couple of time and you might notice it. No, it's not my TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back