Speeding Ticket advice

Thx Russ, but somehow that doesn't seem like it will work too well :) Its the thought that counts though right? The thought that I would end up in jail...err wait a minute.

Go to court. Pacing AFAIK is the weakest argument a cop can give. He has to prove you were speeding with evidence not his word.

Well to resurect the thread I lost.

I actually proved innocence as well. I was thinking it would be difficult to trick the officer into telling the truth, but he did and I proved that what he said would be impossible. He stated basically that in 144 feet I passed the cars going 40mph. Sped up to 60 and he then wove through cars then paced me for two seconds before I stopped at the red light at the end. That is basically an impossible feat. Yet I was found guilty. The judge did not even bother to pay attention, for example after the prosecution asked questsion such as what is your name to the officer he would say "Did you ask the officer his name?" So it was pretty much a hopeless affair.

Now I have to pay $190 instead of the $120 it would have cost for defensive driving and I have a ticket on my record. What a joy that is huh? So if you are thinking of fighting a ticket, well if you are only doing it on principle, the principle is that you lose. If you are doing it for points, or b/c you need to then go ahead. I would have won with an attorney, but it would have cost an even greater ammount. (The original fine was $225+80 I guess so I did save some money, but it was not worth it since I would have saved even more not fighting.)

Oh and one other thing that was crappy. He did not give a verdict, he said call up on Monday and the secratary will tell you. (The trial was on Thursday)

Last edited by a moderator:
"I fought the law and the law won,
I fought the law and the law won."

Sorry to hear, but with speeding tickets I've generally found it best just to pay the fine and apologize. Then again, I'm generally guilty of speeding so I figure when I'm caught it's a fair bust. :oops:

That reminds me, I really need to get my drivers license re-instated again....

I forgot to say. When I left the court the officer congratulated me for showing that I wasn't speeding afterall... To bad the judge did not hear as well as he did...I could appeal, but I find out now that it isn't a court of record so if I do I cannot use the testimony that vindicated me in the trial. And obviously I would hav to pay court costs again, so I will just have to pay up now instead of wasting more time and effort.

Back